Chapter two - Death, or new beginning?

Light poured into Silver's room. She groaned, stretching and forcing herself up out of her moss bed. She turned to see her sister still sleeping. She felt like she was forgetting something. Something was happening that day. Something special. Just then with a jolt, she remembered that today they were going to evolve. She quickly dashed over to her sister with a burst of energy, even though a moment before she was super tired.
"Amber!" She exclaimed, gently placing a paw on her sister.
"Hnggggg..," Amber groaned, shifting.
"Wake up! Today's the day!" Silver said.
Not a second late, Amber was already on her paws, filled with energy. "What?! Yay! I'm so excited! Let's go!" She ran out of their room and into their parents'. Silver dashed after her. "Mom! Dad!" Amber yelled as she ran into their room. "We can evolve today!"
Mom sat up. "Today is the day. " She shifted as she stood completely up. "Crow," mom said, waking dad. Crow was our father's name. Dad stirred before sitting up.
"Crow," mom repeated. "It's time for them to evolve."
"Oh, that's today!" Dad said. He scrambled to his paws. "Have you guys got any idea about who you want to be?" He asked.
Amber shook her head. "No, we don't know what to be. Nothing feels right."
"Hm, I see. We'll give you some time." He smiled. "Maybe a walk will help clear your minds. I'll get your siblings." And with that, he trotted off to their rooms.

After a minute or two, dad padded back into the room, trailed by Aura and Sol. Silver and Amber leapt to their paws and ran over to them. Mom walked a little slower behind them. They all left the cave.
"Why don't we climb our mountain?" Amber asked.
"Sure, why not?" Said dad, and with that, they all made their way up the mountain.

* * *
After a while of walking, they had finally made it to the top. They were about 1,000 feet above the ground. Silver could feel the wind in her fur. Her and Amber dashed over to the edge to look down.
"Twins, get back! I don't want you to fall!" Said mom.
Silver and Amber both whined and turned around to go back when the piece of the mountain that Silver's hind legs stood on gave way and fell. "WHOA-!" Silver gasped. She tumbled backwards off of the mountain. Amber was standing near it and it cracked and fell, too, making her fall along with her sister.
Silver and Amber both screamed and scrambled as they tumbled through the air. Their family dashed to look over the edge, but it was too late. They were already falling.
To their deaths.