Chapter twenty eight Only in our dreams

Only in our dreams.

"I had a terrible itch it was so awful that I simply had to scratch." Jane said to Thomas while walking down a brightly sun light corridor. She carried a folder in her hands going over the last few cases for the 'demon' Gregory. Thomas questioned her about her red neck, wich she now covered with her uniform collar. He was very persistent to have an answer.

"Really, nothing to worry about." Jane smiled then continued to read the information in the folder quickly. Thomas frowned not fully believing her story, but had little choice other than to believe her. So he pressed other questions like

'where were you at this time' and
'how did the dinner go last night.' Or
'did any thing interesting happen?' Jane answered those questions faithfully, but dared not return to the subject of her neck.

She explained how the dinner went and how awkward it was. She told him of how Sir Butler acted and what he proposed to her. She throughly clarified her disinterest in his childish morals, making certain Thomas understood. Needless to say he was disappointed by the news, not expecting Sir Butler to be so empty headed. He sincerely apologized to her and made every effort to let her know that he won't attempt such schemes again. Though did encourage her to find some man to be engaged to at some point in her life. Jane agreed to his heavy encouragement then waved him away to his chores, returning to her reading.

Apparently Gregory Mullins was not claimed by any family, seemed to have no friends at the estate, and based on records was not very sociable with anyone. He did his job to the T, followed the rules of the estate, did not cause trouble, and was overall a normal person. Truly he was the last person Jane expected to murder Integra, then have an elaborate plan to destroy the Hellsing family line. He was just a normal man by every definition.

They examined his body and found no traces of anything supernatural, mystical, nothing. Even the bullet whole in the man's head was natural, not a single skin cell regenerated or healed.

Based on the description Alucard gave her Gregory was suppose to be this powerful demon. Who was just as if not more powerful than Alucard him self. The vampire even lost a battle to him, there was no possible way Gregory could have been one hundred percent human and survive an attack from Alucard. She pondered wether the vampire was telling the truth about ever seeing the right person or not. Or els she would have had the killer back alive a while ago. She, in fact, was now on her way to the estate morgue to observe the deposing of Gregory's body.

Despite the hard evidence against any magical properties, the Organization still took high precaution to all of their 'dead' victims. Some things are not always dead.

Jane had her nose stuck deeply in her folder, when she rammed right into someone and stumbled backward. She looked up with a snap and saw Calin teeter a bit from the impact. Her face fumed red from embarrassment, snapping her folder to her side.

"Oh! General Hugori I am so sorry are you alright?!" She cried.

He laughed at her easing her concern. "I am fine my lady, don't worry, you just caught me off guard for a change." He gestured to a book in his hand with a small smile on his face. "I was very invested in this." It was a hard copy of Hannibal to which Jane nodded to with approval.

"Excellent book, I am impressed you have time to read it."

He shrugged. "I read it during my free time, or when ever I am not dealing with my men." Calin noticed her folder and asked about it.

"Just a finale report on Gregory Mullins, I am headed to the morgue to see his body properly disposed of."

Calin place a hand on Jane's shoulder, gently but with a firm grip, a small jolt of energy flowing through them from the contact. Jane shivered unwillingly, vaguely familiar with the sensation but suppressed it as a simple touch shock. Calin's caramel eyes gazed softly in to her own with a concerned set mouth to match, that was too gentile for anyone.