Chapter eight Expected meetings unexpected surprises

Chapter eight
Expected meeting, unexpected surprises

In the guest hall not far from Integra's own bedroom, Jane paced back and forth in front of the door restlessly, where she had been since she was deposited there. The room around her was like Integra's, with the white walls, bed sheets, and checkered floor, though closet and dresser held nothing, while the bathroom was empty as well. Jane had not seen or been told anything about her belongings that were taken from her apartment and began to worry she may never see her them again.

"Why dose Integra want me here so quickly without her telling me first?" Jane mumbled. Feeling slightly betrayed that Integra went to such harsh means to bring her to the estate. She loved her cousin, and could deal with her secretive, outlandish ways. But this was tacking it too far. Jane walked to the bedroom window, looking out where a lovely view of the gardens below looked towards a large pool. The moon reflected itself across the pool's soft waters, glinting with each little ripple as flowers swayed in the cool Autumn breeze from side to side.

Though the scenery was beautiful, and the estate was truly a masterpiece in of itself. It could be nothing more than a decorated box where Jane had to stay, if Integra had her way. It would suck away all the unthought of joys of paying her own way through life and enjoying the fruits of one's labor.

Integra may not be able to understand such things from her wealthy upbringing, but it was something Jane cherished as a blessing. She certainly did not wish to stay in the same house as Alucard, who knows what tortures he would invent for her. Always keeping an eye over her shoulder, sleeping with one eye open, and never going into a dark room. Living there would become a nightmare very quickly with Dracula prowling the halls. Jane rubbed her arms at the thought of such a monster, then returned to the center of the room, where she heard the voices of men stomping around in the hallway.
Jane walked to her bed sat and stared blankly at the wall listening to the racket just on the other side of the door.

"Clear the way!" One called. There was a fast sound of rustling and running while worry and concern formed in every word they spoke. Some even whispered her name in between each other before all the talking and whispering stopped. The only sound she could hear was of heavy footsteps slowly coming towards the door, steadily getting louder. The door was thrown opened with Alucard standing there, no longer in just his black suit but his red trench coat as well. He had a bundle of cloths with him along and a small pair of shoes. Jane leaned back on the bed, groaning out from his presence.

"The last person I want to see, and yet you continue to appear everywhere." She complained.

He shut the door with his boot and tossed the cloths too her. A similar expression of loathing towards her on his own face. "I could say the same about you." Alucard then tossed the cloths at her, which she caught, but frowned down at then.

"What are these for?"

Alucard walked across the room and leaned on the bed frame, folding his arms across his large chest. "Integra is holding a meeting tonight with members of an ancient group, known as the knights of the round table."

"Sounds like fun."Jane said sarcastically. "Any reason as to why your telling me, and why I should wear these for it?"

"Integra wants you there." He sighed as if it were obvious.

Jane blinked in surprise, not expecting to hear such news. "Why? I am not anything special to them, nor an official of any sort. There would be no point."

Alucard tilted his head back, chuckling at her. "I could not have said that better myself. But alas, my master insists you appear, regardless of your lack of importance."