Chapter three Plans to celibrate talks to kill

CHAPTER THREE
Plans to celebrate, talks to kill

"A celebration?" Integra questioned looking up from behind a very large book covered in a red leather bind.
Seras stood in front of her with a toothy smile, her hands behind her back and her large crimson eyes wide with anticipation.

"Yes sir, the men and I wanted to celebrate your fifty fifth birthday with an actual event this coming Saturday."
She said, her face glowing with happiness. Integra stared at Sears for a moment or two, a blank and rather dazed look on her face.
That day had been a long and tiresome ordeal for Integra. She had hardly gotten any sleep the night before due to being up for most of it, she was absolutely drained of energy that morning; and couldn't be bothered to deal with anything else besides reading that day. That and the ever-present agitation if Alucard popping up now and again during the late afternoon hours, asking random things of Jane was particularly frustrating.

So adjusted her glasses Integra gently put down her book placing her hands together under her chin. A thin and silver threaded brow rising behind her glasses.

"Seras I appreciate the effort but have not needed a birthday party since I was five. Why after all this time do you wish to have one now?" She asked in a low and genuinely curious tone of voice. To hear the need for a birthday 'party' quickly became irrelevant not long after Alucard came into Integra's life. The need to celebrate such things became less important to her. She had no interest in birthdays once she had a real role in leading the organization. Such things fell away in lieu to the weight of Hellsing.

Seras frowned, the sharp points under her lips protruding a wee bit.

"Oh, please Sir Integra, I- or we rather, just want to show you how much we care about you." She spoke, the we in her speech referring to the members of the organization.
"Please just this once. We may not get to next year." Sera's commented, her voice lowering with her gaze, her meaning evident to her change in tone.

Integra widened her eye slightly. Her words caught between her dry lips, that of which felt like a warm hand filed her chest to squeeze her cool heart; but only slightly. Integra was not wholly bitter, and her hesitation to hold such festivities only a result of the way she drew up. Integra has seen enough to nearly flush out the child in her. Forced to grow up so young so fast. What need was there in birthday parties? Just to show another year growing older. And older. And older.

Integra sighed, not realizing how tightly she had been holding her hands together until they turned white from the pressure. Looking between her hands and Seras, she released her captive fingers then spoke.

"Alright Seras, just this once." She nodded with a gentle and slightly unsure smile. "But nothing over the top, only a simple gathering."

Seras breathed out in relief at her answer, the sparkle in her crimson eyes glittering tremendously.

"Thank you, sir Integra, you won't regret it I promise, it shall be the best birthday you have ever had. I promise! You will love it! Oh, and may I invite some people as well? Close friends of the estate and such?"

Integra rubbed her temples with the feeling of oncoming stress this party will create but humored the vampire anyway.

"Whatever Seras do as you please, this is your idea you follow through with it."

Seras smiled widely, her fangs clearly presented then produced a note pad from seemingly nowhere, tacking a few notes down.

"You won't regret this Sir Integra; this Saturday will be the best night of your life!" She then swung on her heels and practically stampeded out of the office racing down the hall. Her black appendage curved in a wild dance of black fire and excitement.