Chapter twenty two A Christmas they will never forget

Chapter twenty two
A Christmas they will never forget.

The storm from the night before had finally past on, leaving a fine blanket of snow to cover England from coast to coast. The roads had not yet even been plowed or sanded, due to the sheer amount of ice and powdery goodness that stuck and grasped on too everything.
So if any one had plans of leaving their homes, they would have to walk or pray that the roads showed mercy to their vehicles.

In the country far from the city, the Hellsing estate was equally covered in a sea of snow, perhapses even more. With out multitudes of people to walk over the fresh sheet, there was a glorious problem as to how any one was to get any were and see their family's.

Thomas, with his brilliant brain, had risen early in the morning with the estates snow plow and gotten to work. If one were ever to see him then, they would have thought him a different man. He did not wear his butlers uniform, but instead a heavy winters coat, snow boots, large round ear muffs, a face mask to keep his features warm, and a thick hood over his head.
If any one from the estate was to see him, they would have mistaken him for a rather large burglar. But lucky for him, he had cleared the estate roads of any ice and snow, and made it back inside in time for the Christmas breakfast and events.       

At this time in the morning the house was already awake and buzzing with excitement. Christmas morning only came once a year, and as a result, bottles of wine, rum, whiskey, and other such beverages had already been broken in too.
The men celebrated in their respected dorms with a toast to the holiday and then began heavy drinking for good health. In fact the entire portion of estate were the soldiers lived, was wide awake and ready for the day. On the west side of the estate however, the halls and rooms still lay quiet and sleepy.

Jane slept in her bed even though it was Christmas day, and was quite content to remain there. 
It would be festive to say that she dreamt of sugar plums and angels, but to be honest she only saw blankness behind her eyes. Not that she particularly cared at the time, but to simply dream of sleep it self was gratifying enough. 

Yet thanks to the grey light of dawn, her brown eyes slowly crept open.
Her vision was hazy and unclear at fist, but after rubbing a few times her sight was restored. As expected she found her self in her own bed, warm and comfortable, but a few things struck her as odd.
Instead of wearing a night gown or pajamas of any kind she was still in the cloths she wore yesterday, and instead of being alone a particular vampire lay in bed with her.
Jane would have reprimanded Alucard for his appearance in her bed chamber, on her bed unannounced or welcome. But as she remembered the events from the previous night, she though better of the mater and left him alone. 

Jane wiggled from the blankets wrapped around her, slowly making her way out of the cocoon like space. She pushed the covers off her and looked over to her sleeping dragon. Well she though he was sleeping, but his eyes were open and staring right at her.

"Good morning my master." He greeted.

Jane stretched her arms above her head, grunting as her limbs popped. "Morning." She replied tiredly.
Alucard propped his head in the palm of his hand watching Jane wiggle around and pull on her arms till they snapped with her satisfaction.

"How did you sleep?" He asked.

Jane leveled her head with his, looking at him for a brief moment before siting up again. "Like a baby actually, turns out your presence last night helped quite a bit. Thank you."

Alucard sat up next to her, his red duster sprawling out across the wrinkled bed sheets. He still wore all of his cloths save for his boots, leaving on his feet a pare of back socks.  "I do what I can to insure you have a good nights sleep master. It would not due to have you exhausted from lack of rest." Jane yawed as her response.