Chapter eighteen The traitors

Chapter eighteen
The traitors

Darkness, pure never ending darkness, is all Jane could see since she had last been awake. Her thoughts quietly drifting from one to the other. From far away she heard voices, coming closer, and clearer until every word was audible.

"She will be just fine, all we can do now is let her rest for a while."

"How long is a while doctor?"

"Another week or so, don't rush her gentlemen you'll have her awake and well before the holidays."

'Who are these voices?' Jane questioned in her mind. 'Were am I, how long have I been asleep?'

Jane built the will to open her eyes, letting light flood in to her pupils, making her squint and groan. First she saw a white space above her, after blinking twice she realized it was a large dome like ceiling. Decorated with marble like engravings, and the Hellsing coat of arms in the center.  She lifted her head seeing that her body was wrapped in a warm wool blanket, while she lay in a large bed, laid down with plush pillows and thick covers. 
            Near the bed a window looking out over the vast gardens outside could be see with trees, flowers, and leaves rippling with the colors of early winter against the grey sky above.
Jane turned her head to the other side, noticing a needle injected in to her arm, attached to it was a blood bag hanging from a rack nearly empty.

"My lady?" A voice called calmly, she looked to the left seeing a man standing near the bed smiling sweetly. "I'm glad to see your awake."

"Glad to be awake." Jane mumbled. "Were am I, and if may ask who are you?"

"Your in the Hellsing estate and I am your doctor here. My name is Richard."

"How did I get back?"

"The organization sent out medics to Ashford, we took care of the hurt there and made sure to honorably remove the dead. Alucard however, wouldn't let any one tend to you but me. He brought you to my ambulance covered in blood and took care of you from there. Though he insisted that he heal the wound on your side before I cleaned the rest of you."

Jane raised her hand rubbing her face roughly. "Thank you for that by the way." She smiled. "How long have I been asleep."

"About two days many people came in to check on you, and the board has been asking about you constantly."

Jane's eyes widened at that. "The board." She sat up briskly, then felt a pain in her side. Jane cried out loudly  as soon as she felt her ribs pop.

"Careful my lady!" Richard said, supporting her shoulders. "You must be slow, no fast movements. You have three broken ribs, we put them back in place but it will take time to fully heal."

"I thought you said the vampire healed me?" Jane winced.

"He closed the wound and stopped blood flow, but the marrow in your ribs still needs time to come together again." Jane placed her hand under arm feeling the bandages and uneven bumps on her side. She sat up a little further feeling a cool breeze travel along her back. Surprised at this unwelcome chill she looked down under the covers finding her chest to be completely bare, Jane gasped pulling the covers closer to her neck.

"Were are my cloths?" She asked franticly.

"They were put in for cleaning, we needed your clothing off to heal your wound." Richard informed.

"Ah." Jane said blushing furiously. "Well could I please have some cloths."

"Are you feeling well enough to get up?"

"I have slept for two days Doctor, thanks to your handy work, I feel fine."

"Very well but I must insist you take things slow, try not to twist your body, or raise your arms." The doctor brought her a spare T shirt, undergarments, and a pare of pants. It was then that Jane noticed they were not in her room.