Chapter twenty five Terror of the night

Chapter twenty five
Terror of the night

The day for Jane was stuffed full with pickup work from the day before and though Thomas was kind enough to handle most of it, there was still much left to do. A vast majority of the work left for the day were mail, bills, mission files, and authorizing field work for the men on a new attack pattern the government wished to test.

Jane toiled through the unpleasant papers, first the read over the attack patter for the men, this interested her more than any bill would. She took her time to enjoy the well written report of the new pattern. After her in depth examination of it Jane set it aside for Calin to take for his men and prepare them for any missions that come up.

Following Calin's recent heroism Jane's last order was to promote him to General and was now one of the three she had to rely on, Calin was a fine man on the field and excelled in the organization faster than any one expected. Jane was happy for him for doing so well and was content to know he was doing something he enjoyed.

She pulled out her missions folder and flipped it open seeing the latest report on the mission in Austria and so far the team had not been yet sent out, due to the crossing of countries the team had to wait for permission from the boarder control. Jane read over the sighting of the vampire group and laughed to her self.

The vampires at the organization had not had any real action for some time now and we're no doubt becoming bored with theirs lives, the mission could prove useful to keep their spirits up.
So Jane waited for dinner to make any announcement to the vampires but she had already informed Thomas of her decision, to him this was a splendid idea that gained his full support.

During dinner when the vampires rose from below to join the living Jane told them about it while a storm of other conversations and noises of eating were around them.

"It will be near the boarder of Austria moving into Hungary, the distance is a tad inconvenient but our organization has full responsibility for the undead at the moment and have little choice." Jane clarified as Alucard and Seras listened.

"Is there any motive behind their moving so quickly, they have not attacked any one have they?" Seras asked.

"Honestly if they have killed any humans they hid the corpses extremely well, but so far all we have seen in terms of carnage are wild animals and live stock. So the usual motives are not clear, I assume they are looking for a refuge and trying to lay low."

"It is the usual roaches running into wholes like cowards." Alucard stated as he sipped on the straw of a blood pack. "Nothing more than tracking down pests and worthless creatures, one of my favorite hobbies." He chuckled, his blood eyes twinkling with a sharp glint.

"You have hobbies?" Seras joked. Alucard reached over and ruffled her golden hair.

"Of course, how else would I be able to cope an eternity with these humans hm?" He gestured toward Jane, she rolled her eyes as Seras nodded in agreement smiling. 

"That being said I thought you both would like an opportunity to get out of the house and stretch your legs properly. I'm sure you guys need the thrill of the hunt after the lack of missions around here, soon there will not be a need for them so enjoy it while you can."

"Your concern for our physical need is gracious master." Alucard bowed his head. "When shall we depart?"

"Later this evening if you like, the men are just waiting on permission from the border control and should be leaving tomorrow. But it may be best for you both to get a head start."

Shortly after dinner ended Seras and Alucard made ready to leave by gathering their preferred weapons and enough blood packs to last them a few days, their coffins were loaded carefully into the assault vans as the two vampires watched with hard eyes. A vampires coffin was its home treated with great care and gentleness, any one who damaged a vampires coffin would not live to tell of it. Just when the vampires were ready to go Jane came out and stood next to them as the last coffin was packed into the van. Jane had a disappointed look on her face watching the vans start up and prepare to leave, she missed the missions.