X| Unveiling and Connecting

“Sss.”

     “Sst.”

     “Psst.”

     “Hey.”

     “Psst, hey.”

     “Snake. Snake Jaguar greetings.”

     “Hey.”

     He shuffles his head and turns away from the buzzing sound.

     “Hey, wake up. Captain’s order.”

     He turns back around with a small grunt. Someone’s slapping on his cheek. It’s annoying. He clenches his eyelids and slowly but surely lifts them up. He squints as he adjusts his blurry vision in the dark. After a moment of blinking and bringing his consciousness back, he’s met with a ridiculously close face.

     “Good morning, sailor.” Jay grins.

     kAPOW!

      “Sss.”

     “Sst.”

     “Psst.”

     “Hey.”

     “Walker, wake up.”

     “Wake up.”

     “Walker.”

     “Jay Walker.”

     The man shuffles and groans as he flutters his eyes open. He groggily sits up, using his arms as support. With a turn of his head to the left, he’s come face to face with a ridiculously pale face.

     Jay’s heart leaps through the sky and so does his fist. Zane blocks it with his hand. He throws another fist. Zane dodges.

     “Hey, settle down!” The albino whisper yelled.

     “You knocked me out!”

     “Yer face was too close!”

     “Oh, that is OFFENSIVE!”

     “Shhhh!”

     “No, you shhh!” Jay grumpily crosses his arms and eyes the albino in a sassy manner.

     Zane purses his lips shut and looks around the berth. No one else seems to be awake other than them, as proven by the present snoring patterns Zane has memorized in his head for safety reasons in case someone’s drunk enough to stab someone’s arm out of spite again.

     “Is something wrong?” He asked, leaning closer to the ginger as he whispered.

     “Yeah, you punched me.”

     “Walker.”

     “What? It’s true.”

     “I meant to ask why you were waking me up in the middle of the night? We could get caught, in case you hadn’t known.”

     Jay makes a silent ‘oh’ and says, “No, but Lloyd wants to see you in the ship’s store.”