II| The Pirate and the Bruised Oranges pt. 2

lass - lady
savvy? - do you understand?
black spot - a sign or mark that had been cursed for death

<>

     “I’m sorry but.”

     “What?”

     “I’m —” Cole stifles a laugh “— oh my god, let me guess.”

     The guy is… quite talkative, Kai noticed.

     The brunet hoped that taking a stroll in the autumn air and watching the sky shift colors would calm him down to have rational thoughts on how to approach his problem, but god forbid no, Cole talks a lot. Kai stopped responding to him at one point but the guy resorted to talking to himself.

     He was talking about capitalism.

     They’ve probably walked a whole unit, checked the roofs (which Kai wondered why and how could an accessory end up on a roof, but Cole requested to not ask questions,) and the moon has already bestowed upon them, yet the pendant is still lost.

     Kai has been attentive to Cole the whole time, and has been clutching onto his dagger ever since he stepped a foot outside his house, however it doesn’t seem like there’s nothing to worry about Cole at all.

     He seems harmless.

     But then why does he have that much muscles?

     Maybe he’s trying to let his guard down so he can steal something of value.

     But he seems so… reliable, somehow.

     He’s peculiar.

     Or maybe Kai is just being delusional, if so, he blames those bloody eyes.

      Be given an opportunity to stab those eyes oh he shall.

     “You chose to be a blacksmith because y-yer surname is… is Smith?” Cole snorts. “Or is it like a heritage thing and yer living up to it?”

     Kai could only look at Cole, devoid of amusement.

     The taller one hasn’t noticed the brunet’s face. He’s too busy trying to stop himself from giggling.

     Kai sighs and waits for the taller one to fully settle himself before he fills his curiosity.

     “Hey, I’ve a question to ask and you’re going to answer whether you like it or not.”

     Cole raises a brow and nods. “Go on.”

     “Is Cole your real name?”

     “...”

     “Well?”

     “Why, you’re going to report me for stealing and trespassing?”

     “I — ju — wHAt —?” The brunet stumbled on his own words and looked at Cole like he’s grown a head or two. “I mean… have you stolen anything else other than my necklace?”

     “Do you want me to say yes? ” Cole tilts his head.

     “Answer my question.”

     “No.”

     “I wasn’t asking. Answer my question.”

     “No, I mean —” the noiret clears his throat “— my answer is no , I have not stolen anything else,” he spluttered a big fat lie.