IX| Sweet Beverages, Hardtacks, and Tea

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE DAY DELAY :''''(((
i had reminders and alarms for every posting days but somehow i completely forgor for the whole day until the moment I hit the bed just as i was going to sleep.

"Oh hell," was what i said

<>

In due course - something will happen when it should
Tell it to the parrot - spread gossip
Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye! - what will be, will be
Wee auld scunner - little old whiner/nuisance
Awa' an bile his heid - away and boil his head

<>

     The following days spent at Destiny’s Bounty has been quite luckily uneventful, or atleast, uneventful compared to that night with the sirens.

     Jay and Nya had been inseparable for some reason. Her brother doesn’t seem to mind, for Jay seems like a trustable person he can leave his sister with for a short amount of time.

     Though the ginger gotta say, Kai gives some really nerve wrecking stares. Jay would be having some laughs with Nya about his first time being sea sick and throwing up on the mayor’s face, and he’d feel eyes glaring daggers at him so he’d turn and see Kai at a distance menacingly sharpening his sword.

     That’s been so far the only interactions they’ve been making, if not chatting in a group.

     Cole was real spacey at one point, and would “daze off more often than the guy usually does,” as Pixal mentioned. She told it to Kai for some reason, like she expected him to do something about it out of all the people who knew him the longest aboard the ships.

     Kai wasn’t planning on approaching the guy, in fact, he wanted to avoid him as much as he could. He wanted to avoid him until his mind has settled and is no longer in complete shambles. It shouldn’t be hard to do, because he’s got other guys to company or distract him from the noiret. He even met a few people from the crew, the least rude ones.

     Hanging out with the others was indeed easy peasy.

     Until Nya pointed out how Jay and Cole have been hanging out alot, giggling and joking about whatever.

     Kai let it slide. He should let it slide.

     The thought that he’s okay with it made him throw a random triumphant fist in the air while trying to fall asleep (Nya eyed him for that).

     But then he spotted Lloyd having a conversation with Cole at the main deck. Kai noticed the two have been drowning down their little rivalry now that the blond has to rely on Cole in order to escape safely. The threats and cockiness were still there, but the conversation they were having seemed to be different, like they were having a deep, serious talk that cannot be passed on.

     The person being Lloyd is okay, but the serious talk without him was something.

     For a definite reason ( that being curiosity ), Kai approached the two.

     They were having a deep conversation about cakes. Cake flavors and if chocolate cake is superior or not.

     So Kai just kind of stood there between them, stupidly listening to them breaking down every cake flavors there has been invented so far and ranking them in monarch ranks.