Chapter 3

Breia

I woke up the next morning so excited to finally put my dream into action, but first I have school which is so boring and draining. As I walked out of my room to the bathroom, my phone vibrated, showing a message from Amari. 

Amari: good morning Breia, I can pick you up from school today if you would like. 

:good morning :) that sounds good! I attend West Oak Elementary School. 

I placed my phone down and began getting ready for school. Just as I was finishing up my hair, I heard doors slamming throughout the house. I hurriedly ran to my room, so that I could avoid drama at all costs. I made it to my room and closed the door before packing my dance bag and bookbag. I quickly grabbed my earbuds and walked down the stairs and out the door.

The walk to school was long as usual. It was fairly hot outside, so I decided to snack on my goldfish and drink my water to stay hydrated for later. I was praying that this school day would go by very fast so that I could see Amari and finally meet Beyoncé. 

After School 

I walked out of the school building and spotted Amari standing by her car. I ran over to her and gave her a big hug before we both got in the car. I noticed bags on the backseat as I was getting in. Amari reached back to grab them before giving me a Gatorade and a small bag of goldfish. 

"Omg, thank you so much, Mari! I love goldfish, it's my favorite snack ever!" 

She chuckled lightly and said, "You're welcome sweetpea, save that Gatorade to drink throughout auditions." 

I put the drink in my bag before opening my goldfish and eating those on the way to the audition space. 

Beyoncé 

I woke up very early this morning so that the twins, Ashley, and I could make sure everything was ready for auditions today. I was currently here alone, so I decided to run through some of the new choreography. 

"MONSTERRRR!" 

I turned around and saw Larry and Laurent walking up to me with their arms opened wide. I smiled really big and said, "Hey babies, I missed you guys so much!" 

They both kissed my cheeks and we all turned when we heard the door open again. Ashley walked in four Starbucks cups and a few bags in her hands. The twins went to help her place everything down before she came over to greet me. 

"Hi BB, I missed you so muchhhh" she said. 

"Hey Ash, I missed you more! How have you been?" 

"I've been good, I'm looking forward to this tour and seeing some new hopefully younger talent." 

"Me too, we have about 40 minutes before people start to show up so it's best if we perfect everything now." 

We all began rehearsing the new and old material for the next 30 minutes before we heard Julius come in and tell us that people were beginning to show up. I am not expecting a lot of people to come to this audition simply because I didn't put out that many flyers. The people that will be here most likely saw the flyer or someone else told them about it. 

As we were playing around, the room began to fill with around 40 people. They all seemed to be from different walks of life, different ethnicities, and ages. As we were giving out numbers, an older woman and a little girl walked in surprising me the most. She was the cutest little thing and she had the deepest pout on her face.