Chapter 4

Harumi's P.O.V

Instead of heading to breakfast that morning, I grab the map from Vania's bag and follow the map towards the out of bounds area, the forest looks so empty and lifeless. 

I know I would be breaking the rule about going here but this is where the map leads to, "Harumi, what're you doing here?" I turned around to see Lloyd standing behind me. 

He has a sweatshirt on and some green sweatpants, his blond hair is swept against his face, his bangs are almost reaching his emerald green eyes, "I could be asking you the same thing?" I smirk and quickly cover the map from his sight.

 "The coach wanted to talk to me about my "amazing" soccer skills," Lloyd says, making air quotes as he says amazing. 

"I was just going for a little morning walk," I quickly lied to him. 

"Then why are you standing in front of the out of bounds area?" He asked me. 

"It just caught my attention," I quickly say, hopefully he's gullible enough to believe me. 

"It caught my attention as well when I first arrived here." He says, walking up beside me and staring into the lifeless woods like I was doing before. 

"How come?" I ask him, hopefully he can tell me where it is and how I can find it. 

"I don't know, there was just something almost like a voice that called me, I know this sounds weird and all-" "It doesn't sound weird to me, I bet something or someone was calling you." I told him. 

I swear Lloyd's face turned red for five seconds. 

"Thanks Harumi, that means a lot to me, that you believe me." He says, his face still red but it soon changes back. 

I then leave without another word and head back to the cabin and put the map back into Vania's bag, I head to the mess hall and grab a quick but small breakfast and join the others in mid conversation, "What're you guys talking about?" I ask them, they clearly haven't noticed that I was gone for about ten minutes. 

"We're just talking about our activities for today," Nya says, taking a sip of her orange juice. 

"Oh, um well I ran into Lloyd this morning." I told them. 

"Really, what did you two do?" Skylor asks, her eyebrows then wiggle back and forth, "Not in that way, I just ran into him and we talked, that's all." I told her. 

Skylor then mumbles something, "Have you talked to Kai?" I asked her. 

"No, we have only archery together, but ever since yesterday, we've barely spoken to each other." Skylor says, taking a small bite of toast. 

"Then make that hour with him worth it," I told her. 

"But what would I do? He's so dreamy," Skylor whines quietly. 

"Well first of all, he's my brother, and second of all, I can give you some tips." Nya told Skylor. 

"Really, like what kind of tips?" Skylor asks her. 

"Well come with me, I've been around my brother and girls so much, I basically can read my brother's mind when he's around one, even the girl's mind, because it's easy to read a girl's face when they meet my brother for the first time." Nya says. 

She and Skylor then leave the mess hall and head towards our cabin. 

"Those two have gotten really close," I told Pixel, who was busy reading a book. 

"I don't mind it, at least they've become friends and not enemies." She says before turning her attention back to her book, she seems so interested in her book which was about different kinds of plants and animals you can find in a forest for some reason.