Chapter 1

Lloyd's P.O.V

Instead of staying at home the whole summer, my parents signed me up for summer camp, I mean who wants to spend like three weeks stuck outdoors with people that you don't know,  but here is the even worse part, the camp is run by my uncle Wu. 

My parents thought it would be good for me to get out of the house and make some friends. I used to have two good friends named Brad and Gene, but they weren't the best influence so they were sent to a boarding school to help them with their problems.

 I was sitting in the back of the car, staring out the window while my parents were up front talking, "Are you excited Lloyd?" My mom asks me.   

"No, it's just some old summer camp," I grumbled under my breath. 

"Did I ever tell you that Camp Elemental was where I met your mother," My dad says, he doesn't turn around to look at me as he is in the driver's seat. 

"No, not like I really wanted to know anyways." I say. 

"Well I'm sure that you'll make friends here, there's going to be a bunch of boys there your age." My mom says. 

"Why is the camp called Camp Elemental anyways?" I ask. 

"It's because the camp is surrounded by the elements, fire, water, earth, lightning, ice, and most importantly energy." My dad says. 

"Sounds like something Uncle Wu would name it," I say, my uncle was always so fascinated by the elements of nature that surrounded us. 

"It's always been called that Lloyd." My dad says. 

"Still, sounds like something uncle Wu would say." I mumble back at my dad. 

When we reach the entrance to Camp Elemental, my uncle is waiting for us at the gates. He has a bamboo straw hat on, a counselor outfit, and a walking stick that looks more like a staff. 

I get out of the car and walk over to him and give him a big hug, "Hi uncle," I mumble, he gives me a sweet smile, "Well hello nephew, ready for three weeks of fun?" He asked me. 

"Yep totally," I tell him but inside I'm dying to just run away. 

My dad brings me my luggage and says hello to Wu, "Mind staying for a cup of tea, there's something I've been wanting to tell your parents." Wu says. 

"Sure, a cup of tea sounds lovely." My mom says. 

While they head towards my uncle's office and sleeping quarters, I'm left alone, so I take this time to explore the camp. 

There were a couple of cabins, a dock with boats stationed by the boardwalks, some portable potties scattered throughout the camp, a big forest, but what interested me was a path blocked off by cones. 

Something about this path made me want to explore it. 

"Nephew," I turned around to see my uncle standing behind me. 

"That is the out of bounds area, I would advise not to go there." He says, stroking his beard. 

"Then why is there a path?" I ask. 

"It used to be a hiking trail, but years ago, one of the campers went down that path and came back acting very strange and they decided to close this trail for safety because that camper started to tell weird stories of a cave deep in the woods, no one had ever known it was there in the first place and no one wanted to know." My uncle tells me.        

"But there's something about this trail that seems odd." I say. 

"Odd, how?" My uncle asked me.