Chapter 3

Kai's P.O.V

After a delicious but also filling breakfast, and saying goodbye to my roommates until I got to see them during lunch, I made my way to the archery station/activity where a couple other campers were, I've never done archery but it sounded fun to me, and it also sounded like a life skill I could need in the future, I standed off to the side, the other campers were in their own little groups anyways, the counselor that was going to teach us was getting the station set up. 

I look around and then my eyes fall on Skylor, the girl who I saw hanging out with my sister the other night, she had her fiery red hair in a ponytail, and she was wearing an orange t-shirt and jean shorts that went down to her thighs, she had on simple sneakers that were orange. 

She then looks in my direction which makes me turn around quickly, "Hey there, I'm Kai, Nya's brother." I say. 

"So you're the boy Nya introduced us to, I'm Skylor." She says. 

"You were the girl I saw hanging out with my sister." I say. 

"Well me and Nya are friends and roommates so it makes sense." She says, man she's beautiful for a redhead. 

The counselor then introduces themselves and explains to us what archery is and then shows us how to hold a bow and then how to properly shoot an arrow to the target. 

I grab a bow and head to an empty target, "May I join you?" Skylor asks. 

"Sure," I say, letting her shoot first. 

She aims her arrow and then lets it travel off her bow and it hits the target, "Wow! Was that your first time?" I ask her. 

"Not really, my dad has this private island and it has a big jungle so I took some survival lessons and one of them included archery." She says. 

When I try to shoot the arrow, it misses the target and lands right in front of me, "You were holding your bow a little sideways," Skylor says, observing how I shot the arrow. 

"Oh, yeah I've never used a bow and arrow before." I say, my hands are sweaty, either it's from the summer sun or the fact that she's standing right beside me. 

"I can help you." She says. 

"Really?" I ask her. 

"Yeah, any friend or sibling of Nya's is a friend to me." She says. 

I blush super red when she calls me her friend, man Nya, sometimes you do have a good friend taste, especially Skylor. 

She comes up beside me and tells me to put my bow in a shooting position, I do but then I feel her soft hands on mine positioning my bow better, the feeling of her hands on mine makes me turn super red. 

"Okay, now shoot." She says. 

I let go of the arrow and it smacks the target dead center, "I just got a bullseye," I say excitedly. 

"Indeed you did." Skylor says. 

I turned around to face her, "Thanks, any way I can repay you back?" I ask her. 

"Nah, I was just helping you, it's not a big deal." She says. 

"Okay then," I mumble, staring at the ground. 

Then we hear a gong ring which apparently means to switch to our next activity and not give us a heart attack, "Bye Kai," Skylor says heading towards her next activity. 

"Uh bye Skylor," I say, giving her a little wave goodbye before sighing dreamily as she walks away. 

Man she's hot.