Betrayal

The next morning I woke up in the Uzamaki residence. My brother, Hashirama had spent the night on the floor, where he annoyed me by snoring the entire night. I felt safer with him there but, I knew the elders would make him leave in the morning and I was a nervous wreck because the wedding to Ichiro was only a week away now.

I felt like my entire life was out of my own control.

Madara, had tried to reason with the elders the night before but he had failed. Now Ichiro and his father Ryo seemed to have teamed up against us and the elders were impossible to reason with.

I believed Madara loved me and was willing to fight for me so we could be together, even though the situation seemed hopeless.

Suddenly, as I was brushing my hair and getting ready for the morning, there was a knock on the door. I stood quietly from the back room where I was, and listened to see who it was.

"Madara", Ryo's voice said in annoyance when he opened the door. "Have you come to make yourself look even worse?" he said sarcastically.

"No, Ryo. You're right. This entire thing has gotten out of hand." I heard Madara's voice say. "I was hoping I could talk with Ichiro.". Ryo, looked at Madara with a look of both impatience and disapproval .

"Fine.", was all Ryo said before Ichiro, stood up and made his way to the door. Ichicro, stood back several feet, unwilling to get too close to Madara again out of fear he would get punched.

"What do you want, Madara?", was all Ichiro managed to say. Madara, looked at him before he began to speak. "Ichiro, you were correct yesterday. I've managed to disgrace this village and myself with my actions yesterday, and I owe you an apology."

Ichiro, began to smirk. "Oh, really?", he asked with a smug look on his bruised face. Madara, looked down as he began to talk again. "Your family is very powerful, and respected. It's important to me to have your approval. I've had some time to think it over last night.", Madara finished saying.

Ichiro's face lit up with a familiar look of arrogance as a prideful smile spread across his face. "Well, it's about time you realized that.", he said plainly.

Madara, looked at Ichiro, and continued to explain. "Look, my reputation is important to this village. I just want us to move forward peacefully, before the wedding. There is nothing I can do. I know that now. Let me take you and Ryo out for tea. As a symbol of forgivness. It would mean a lot to me to have a fresh start."

Ichiro glanced over to his father, Ryo across the room, and Ryo nodded in approval, before he spoke. "It's good to see you've finally accepted your fate, and come to your senses." Ryo, said. "I will accept your invitation for tea as peace offering, if you can control that temper of yours.", he said with an arrogant smile.

"Fair enough.",Madara answered back. I will see you, this afternoon at the tea house. "Thank you.", Madara, said before he turned around and walked away.

I looked over at Hashirma, who had also witnessed the entire conversation. "What is going on?", I asked him, confused as to why Madara would do this.

"I have no idea.", Hashirama answered me back.

I began to question if Madara really cared about me anymore. Had he really given up?! Was that it?! My heart began pounding in my chest and nearly threw up at the idea of having to marry Ichiro, the abusive jerk I hated with a passion.

An hour later, Yami came to my room and told me I should get ready, because Ichiro was taking me with him to tea since I was his fiance. My mind was racing, and I felt sick to my stomach. Was Madara really going to betray me?! How could this be happening?!