31 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕

Start from the beginning

— Then what? Will you sue them? — Tara sneered and I smiled

Jill snorted and shook her head.

— Same as sister...

— Yeah, come on Tara, we'll find our room.

It can't be revealed that Blake is Sam's father. She would kill me. She'll keep trying anyway once she finds out where Tara is now. I still can't believe she ran away from home for me. And I feel a bit bad about it. Sam will get mad, they'll fight and it will be my fault. Again.

We moved away from Jill and finally found our room.

— This is fucking amazing — Tara said amazed

— Not bad — I shrugged and put our luggage on the floor

I've been to better places for sure. I'd like to take Tara to a beautiful place someday, far away from here. Somewhere where we will be alone, without the fear of being caught.

— Don't even tell me it's not luxurious enough for you — she said

Tara looked at me with raised eyebrows. I laughed and moved closer to her to put my hands on her waist. She lifted her head to meet my eyes and hooked her finger on the hem of my pants.

— The room is okay. I wonder what the bed is like — I told her and smiled

Tara shook her head and nudged me on the shoulder.

— You only have one thing in mind — she said

I smirked and grabbed her thighs to lift her up. Her skin is so soft under my fingers. I really love that dress on her... Tara wrapped her arms around my neck. We're looking at each other and I really want to kiss her.

— I don't think it bothers you — I said with satisfaction

Our relationship may be very sexual, but we are good at it, so why not?

— Not a little.

I walked over to the bed and gently placed Tara on it so that I could climb on top of her and kiss her hard. I feel her hands roaming my back. I slid my hand down and tucked it under her dress. Tara pulled away from me and shook her head.

— No. There's no way I'm fucking with you twenty minutes before having dinner with your parents.

— Why not? — I asked and pecked her cheek

— It would be awkward.

I whimpered and put my head on her chest. She put her fingers in my hair and started massaging my head. It calms me down and makes me feel comfortable.

— You have no idea how much I don't want to go — I said and sighed — We'll sit and pretend to be lovely family. My father will act as if he didn't hit me everytime when he was in a rage and my mother will pretend to be a happy wife, although she would gladly leave us if she had a better offer.

I threw it out without thinking. When there was silence, I felt stupid. I could have kept silent. Why did I even say that?

I closed my eyes, angry with myself. I let Tara get to know me from every angle. I don't know why. I fucked up.

I just know she won't last long in my life. I know it. I have a severe character and a complicated history. No one would stay with me for long.

— You never told me that before — Tara said finally — A lot of things make sense now.

She's probably referring to the time she asked who hurt my wrist.

— There was no need. But right now, I just don't want you to be swayed by those fake smiles.

I run my fingers over her belly. It feels so good to feel her heartbeat. Her nails brush against my skin, she's playing with my hair. My head rises with her chest when she's breathing. It all reduces my stress. I feel safe.

— We'll sit with them for a moment — she gripped me tighter with her free hand — And we will return here. We can watch something, talk, lie down...whatever you want.

— I'm just afraid it'll be awkward. After all, Jill is here — I sighed already exhausted

— You think she'll still be a bitch after you helped her?

— Probably.

I fell silent and Tara removed her hand from my hair and got up a bit. I also sat and looked at her. She's thinking about something. She parted her lips slightly, then closed them. That's worrying.

— Something's wrong? — I asked

— No, I just...I want to ask you about something.

— What is it?

Have I done something? Is it something from the past? Or maybe she will ask again what are we? I don't know what I would say to her then.

— Do you still have feelings for Jill?

I turned my head and narrowed my eyes. Why is she asking?

— Is it still about me letting her stay the night? — I looked at Tara confused

— No. Just asking. Not long ago you said you loved her.

I closed my eyes and started playing with my fingers. What the fuck am I supposed to tell her? I don't know if I feel anything for Jill. Sometimes she was my dream and sometimes she was my nightmare.

— I think a part of me will always be... I guess I'll remember her for the rest of my life — I looked at Tara and put my hand out to grab hers — But I don't want Jill. If I'm being completely honest...my thoughts are only focused on you.

She squeezed my hand gently and smiled. I hope the truth doesn't scare her away.

— I like the way you open up to me.

— I trust you.

I wouldn't have said that a month ago.

— It means a lot to me — she said happy

Tara knelt in front of me on the bed and cupped my cheeks. She leaned over and pecked me on the forehead. I smiled and grabbed her wrists.

— We should go — I sighed and my smile faded

— It'll be fine, don't worry.

— I hope so.

I got out of bed and put out my hand to the girl. She grabbed it, but we only went that way to the door. I wish I could walk hand in hand with her across the deck, see the faces on my father's, and Jill's. Show everyone that she's mine. But I can't.

Not yet.

~~~~~~~~

don't worry they are safe