Chapter 3.3

March 23rd, 2006

Andria

It's now twelve o'clock in the afternoon and my work day is over - not surprising, Wednesdays and Thursdays are usually my slow, head home early days. What is surprising however is that as I'm pulling into my driveway, I spot a familiar rusted red pick up in my driveway.
"What the hell does she want?" I mutter to myself as I put my white 2002 Nissan Altima and step out of it just as she does the same from her truck. The boys and Leah must still be gone or else Jacob would be all over her being here.
"So you're pregnant?" Bella asks, that is always a great conversation starter.
"Yeah, did you really come all the way over here to ask me that?"
"You aren't even married!?" She tells which takes me aback.
"I didn't know you felt so strongly about that."
"Edward does." She says and I scoff at her response.
"Can you really not form an opinion of your own?"
"Yes, I can. I was just-"
"I really don't think you can. But moving on, why's that so important for you to come here?"
"Mom and I just didn't expect you to be such a-"
"Such a what, Isabella?!" I grit out just as I see Sam come out of the tree-line from the corner of my eye.
"A-"
"Hey!" Sam cuts her off, not wanting to hear what she thinks anymore than I do. He walks over and stands slightly in front of me as the rest of the pack stop to watch, even Leah. "You won't come to my house and insult my fiancé. Do you understand that?"
"Whatever." Bella scoffs, hoping back into her truck and driving off.
"She's such a bi-"
"Calm down." Sam whispers in my ear, placing a small peck underneath.
"What was even the point of coming all the way here to call me a wh-"
"Don't even finish that sentence. You aren't one, never have been one, and never will be one. Got it?" Sam sternly asks me.
"Yeah," I sigh out before turning to the rest of the pack, "sandwiches are in the fridge."
"What kind?" Quill asks, noticing my hope to avoid the conversation in front of them.
"Roast beef and Swiss cheese." I smile at him.
"Thanks!" He calls out, running inside causing me to chuckle as the others follow his lead.

It's now nine o'clock at night, Sam and I lay in our shared bed, my back pressed against his chest as he plays with my fingers of my left hand, it looks empty without the ring.
"Do you want to get married before or after the baby comes?" He whispers, not wanting to break the comfortable silence between us.
"I'm not sure. A part of me wants to wait, so it doesn't look like we're getting married because I'm pregnant." I respond just as quietly as him.
"I don't want you to base your decision on others. No one else matters, no one else gets to decide." He says, kissing the top of my head.
"I know that, I do."
"So why do you really want to wait? Why would you want to do it now?" He asks me and I smile.
"If we wait, they can be apart of it. And it gives us more time to safe up, both babies and weddings are expensive."
"Don't worry about the mon-"
"Yes, worry about it." I say, while turning so that we are face to face with each other. "Sam neither of us are rich, it is a reasonable concern to have. I don't want to hold back on what I want, therefore, waiting would give us time. To not only save money, but to plan for the baby, thinking of dates for the wedding, the dress, and the venue." I tell him and a look crosses his face. Sadly, it's one I cannot read. "What are you thinking?"
"I'm scared that I can't give you what you want."
"Don't be. What I want is you, and a healthy, happy baby. That's all."
"But-"
"No buts. It's true. Yes, I want to have my dream wedding, but truly, the main part of that dream is you."
"We'll wait and save. For both the baby and wedding. Deal?" He asks, smiling at the words I spoke.
"Deal."