Chapter 1.5

Charlie

It's been two days since I got a call from Billy Black saying Andy had been attacked by a bear. Doctor Cullen says she was lucky to have been found when she was. I originally wondered what a sixteen year old kid was doing in the woods to be able to hear Andy's screams, but I don't care enough to ask him. I'm just grateful that Jared Cameron was there, he got my girl to the hospital as quick as he could.
It is currently nine o'clock into the night, Billy, Jacob, and I sit by Andy's bedside.
"You should go home, Charlie. Get some rest." Billy tells me as him and Jake are preparing to leave.
"I can't leave her." I say but am cut off by Jake saying my name, motioning to my daughter. I look to see her non-bandaged covered eye open up. "Andy, it's me. I'm here." I say, grabbing ahold of her left, unharmed hand and placing my face into her view.
"Smmh." She murmurs, not able to open her mouth from the bandages.
"W-What?" I ask but billy calls for my attention.
"Charlie, go tell the nurse that she's awake. Jacob, go get us two cups of coffee from the waiting area please." Both Jake and I leave, him in search of fresh coffee and me in search of a nurse.

Billy

I go over the side of Andria's bed where there is no chair so that I can grab her hand.
"Squeeze my hand if you remember everything." I instruct the injured girl that I see as another one of my daughters, she squeezes with everything she has. "Okay," I say and she releases but still keeps her fingers wrapped around my thumb, "Has Sam told you everything?" She squeezes again before releasing. "He is remorseful for what he did, Andy." I tell her before I hear the door open, I look and see that it's Charlie, Doctor Cullen, and Andy's night nurse, Stacy. I let go of her hand and back away as Doctor Cullen approaches and Stacy begins to check Andy's vitals.
"Hello, Andria, my name is Carlisle. Are you okay if I check your reflexes and movement?" He asks her and she slightly nods her head 'yes'. "Okay," he takes her injured, right hand and I see her flinch, probably from the cold. "Sorry, if my hands are a bit chilly. Can you squeeze my hand as hard as you can?" He asks her and I watch as her hand struggles but eventually squeezes around his fingers. "Good. The struggle could just be from not moving in the last forty two hours, I expect it to be easier very soon." Doctor Cullen tells her before turning to Charlie. "She may struggle picking things up and holding them depending on the weight for a couple of weeks. I would like her to stay for another day, just so we can monitor her while she's conscious before releasing her." He tells Charlie and he nods in response.
"Her vitals are very good, Doctor." Stacy tells him and he smiles in return.
"Now, Andria, do you remember anything about what happened?" The doctor asks and I hold my breath, she could reveal everything. But my concerns are quickly squashed when Andy shakes her head, silently saying she doesn't remember. Good girl. "You were attacked by a bear. By the looks of things, nothing internally was damaged but you have suffered deep scarring." He tells her and I see her eye widened. "Stacy, here, will change you bandage and then we will let you get some rest."