Chapter 2.5

January 27th, 2005

Third Person

As Isabella and Jacob drive down the road to their destination with motorcycles in the back, Isabella spots four men in the distance. One standing out to her.
"Is that Sam Uley?" Bella asks her friend and he huffs.
"Yeah." Jacob responds but is soon cut off as Sam Uley and another man toss one of the edge of the cliff causing Bella to slam on her brakes and rush to the side of the road.
"D-Did you see that? They just-"
"Relax, Bella, they're just cliff diving. Recreational, you know? Scary as hell, but a total rush." Jacob explains to the scared girl.
"A rush?" She asks.
"Yeah. Most of us do it from lower down, leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples."
"Sounds like you have beef with him or something?"
"He just acts like he runs the place, the elders all let him. They respect him," he scoffs out, "Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids, now look at him." Jacob nods his head as a more lean figured male jumps off into the water.
"That's Embry?"
"Yeah."
"What happened to him?"
"He got sick, missed some school, and next thing we know he's following Sam around like some lost puppy. Same thing happened with Jared and Paul."
"I can't believe Andy is with him." Bella mutters but her friend heard her loud and clear.
"It's kinda weird like that. Both Jared and Sam have girlfriends, well, Andy's his fiancé, but you know what I mean. And they're both girls who we thought they would never look at." Jacob tells his crush of quite some time.
"What do you mean?"
"Jared's girlfriend, Kim, has had a crush on him since the second grade, Jared's known this whole time but after joining Sam is when he asked her out. Never even cared about her before. And the girls, they don't even bat an eye at what the guys do, it's sick." Jacob spits out and Bella agrees with him.
"You should stay away. From all of them." She tells her younger friend, fearing that he will leave her for this group.
"I try to, but it is like he's waiting for me or something. Come on, let's go test these bikes out."