Chapter 19: The Plea for Help

Start from the beginning

Yunjin's eyes widened with surprise as she looked at Dani. "Are you sure you want to work on it today? We can always do it on some other day," she offered, trying not to sound too eager or pushy.

Dani gave her a look. "This is our only day off for a while," she said. "and besides, I've been excited to bounce music ideas off you," she smiled and gave her a wink. 

Yunjin smiled brightly at Dani and hugged her. "I can't wait."

Just then, Sakura interrupted their conversation. "Dani, can I talk to you for a second?" she asked softly, her voice ba rely audible.

 Dani looked at Sakura with a curious expression for a few seconds before smiling warmly. "Sure!"

...

The rooftop of the Le sserafim dormitory was a special place for Dani and Sakura. It was their secret hideout, where they spent countless hours talking about anything and everything. It was on this rooftop that Dani realized she had feelings for Sakura a few months before their debut. The place held much sentimental value for Dani, and she always dreamed of confessing her true feelings to Sakura at this very spot. 

However, being with Sakura in Dani's current situation leaves a bitter taste in her mouth. The once peaceful and happy rooftop now feels like a painful reminder of Dani's unrequited love for Sakura and the reality that she could never tell her true feelings. The two friends arrived at their usual spot - a wooden bench nestled between pots of flowers. As they sat down, a sense of comfort settled between them, yet a subtle tension lingered in the air.

After a few minutes of silence, Dani, with a hint of nervousness in her voice, spoke up. "What do you want to talk about?"

Sakura, sensing Dani's unease, responded with a soft smile, "What's going on with you?"

Dani's thoughts raced, 'You know, the usual, trying to stop a madman, but nothing. really.' But she knew better than to say that out loud. Instead, she asked, "What do you mean?"

Sakura leaned in. "You're about to have lunch with the girl who broke your heart." she said slowly.  "Why are you doing that?" she asked.

Dani's expression turned sour. "Why does it matter to you whether or not I see Miyeon-Unnie?" she retorted, her voice laced with frustration.

Sakura hesitated before speaking, her words halting as she tried to find the right thing to say. Dani's deep sigh was like a heavy weight on her chest. "I was just trying to say-" Sakura started, but Dani's sigh cut her off.

There was a moment of tense silence before Sakura spoke again, her voice soft and hesitant. "I just don't want to see you get hurt," she confessed. "Getting over your first love must've been hard."

Dani's expression softened, and she squeezed Sakura's hand. "Kkura-Unnie," Dani began, but Sakura interrupted her this time.

"I'm sorry for how I acted last night," Sakura said apologetically. "I was being jealous for no reason, and the thought of you dating her again makes my skin crawl. I have no right to feel the way I do, but I do. It physically makes me sick thinking about what she did to you," she confessed, her eyes downcast.

Dani smiled slightly, touched by Sakura's honesty and vulnerability. "It was hard," she admitted, her gaze sweeping out over the sprawling city of Seoul. "Getting over her was one of the hardest things I had to do," she said, her voice quiet and reflective.

Sakura was puzzled as she asked Dani, "Then why are you having lunch with her?"

Dani didn't try to hide anything and replied truthfully, "I need to get answers to some unanswered questions."