"Nice battle." James says to Steveland, "I was so used to the winds in Hoenn that I didn't predict the Sinnoh winds that much."

As they see the two shake hands, I say to Tox, "Now I feel a little bad if he still is in Team Rocket. Considering there are less than 100 times before we're going to kill them..."

"I know how you feel..." Tox says.

The competition jumps ahead as the final match comes down to Lillie and Paul. Lillie looks forward to battle while Paul is silent.

The final round of the PokéRinger competition starts with Lillie summoning Staravia and Paul choosing Honchkrow. Staravia gets the ring first. Honchkrow uses Sky Attack while Staravia counters with Brave Bird. The attacks create a huge explosion, but Staravia takes damage and goes into a free fall, Honchkrow emerging relatively unharmed and rushing with Night Slash.

"Dodge it with Quick Attack." Lillie says before it heads to the goal.

Honchkrow fires Dark Pulse, hitting and Staravia briefly loses the ring, quickly grabbing it and bolting to the goal. A strong gust of wind halts Staravia as Honchkrow rides the wind, powering up Aerial Ace. The attack misses as Staravia tries to overcome the repulsion but to no avail. Honchkrow continues to put pressure on Aerial Ace, eventually striking Staravia and knocking the ring out of Staravia's beak. Honchkrow takes possession of the ring. Both bird Pokémon exchange glares before racing towards the goal. Staravia goes into Aerial Ace, but Honchkrow moves aside, the attack passing harmlessly.

"Come down with Quick Attack." Lillie yells quickly, as Staravia steals the ring right out from Honchkrow's beak. While Staravia races towards the goal, Paul orders Honchkrow to strike with Sky Attack, hitting Staravia. As he attempts a follow-up Night Slash, Lillie has Staravia retaliate with Quick Attack. However, Honchkrow anticipates this, dodging the attack and striking with Night Slash, sending Staravia to the ground, though he still holds the ring.

"Wow, Paul sure knows how to predict the Quick Attack." Dawn comments.

"Yeah, Staravia may not be able to match Honchkrow..." Daniel says.

"Staravia, please get up." Lillie tries to encourage him, but Paul snubs him before ordering a finishing Sky Attack.

Staravia seems immobile as Honchkrow bears down, but Lillie's encouragement gets him back into the air. Staravia spreads his wings before he begins to glow, starting the evolution process. His wings and tailfeathers grow as the evolution completes with Staraptor ready to fight.

"Wow, it evolves." I say.

Staraptor: The Predator Pokemon: Normal and Flying Type. Evolved from Staravia at LV:34. The muscles in its wings and legs are strong. It can easily fly while gripping a small Pokémon.

Staraptor growls at Honchkrow, Not backing down, Paul has Honchkrow use Night Slash, both of the Pokémon's wings glowing. Staraptor easily dodges the attacks, but Honchkrow eventually lands a hit and Staraptor loses the ring. Both go after it, repelling each other before Honchkrow stalls Staraptor with a Night Slash. Staraptor quickly races towards Honchkrow, gets parallel, and proceeds to attack with close-range strikes.

"That is Close Combat." I say as Staraptor pushes Honchkrow back with a wing strike.

"Yeah, Fighting Type move is better for a Dark Type like Honchkrow." Tox says.

Excited, Lillie has Staraptor go for the ring. Staraptor grabs it and races for the goal. Honchkrow tries to hit with Night Slash, but Staraptor dodges, gets behind, and attempts Brave Bird. Honchkrow turns around and hits with Sky Attack, the two moves creating a powerful explosion and sending the ring away. Both Trainers order their Pokémon after it. Honchkrow gets farther ahead and is almost to the ring, but Lillie shouts to Staraptor to get that ring. Staraptor races forward and unexpectedly swat the ring with his wing before Honchkrow can close its beak, sending the ring onto the goal, making Lillie and Staraptor win the PokéRinger.