CA:CW 9

[At an airport Zemo listens to a phone message.:]

Zemo's Wife: He asked me again if you were going to be there. I said I wasn't sure. You should've seen his little face. Just try, okay? I'm going to bed. I love you.

Many murmurs of sympathy go around the hall.

[Frowning Zemo ends the call. A TV news report is playing nearby:]

News anchor #5: James Barnes, der mit dem Bombenanschlag auf die UN in Wien in Verbindung gebracht wird, ist heute aus der Haft entflohen. Ebenfalls vermisst werden die Avengers Captain Steve Rogers und Sam Wilson. ([subtitled:] James Barnes, the suspect in the UN Vienna bombing escaped custody today. Also missing Avenger Captain Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson.)

[Zemo eyes the TV screen. He stands in line at a departures gate. The screen above the gate reads: 'Gate 06 | Berlin Flughafen | AEM2103 | 14:10 | Moskau/Moscow']

[In a huge abandoned warehouse Bucky comes to with his metallic left arm clamped in a huge industrial vice. Steve peers through a gap at a chopper flying overhead. Sam's over by Bucky.]

Bucky looks down realizing the extents that Steve and Sam had to go to.

Sam Wilson: Hey, Cap! [Steve goes over to join Sam by Bucky who sits with his arm in the vice. They stare at him.]

Bucky Barnes: Steve.

Steve Rogers: Which Bucky am I talking to?

Bucky Barnes: Your mom's name was Sarah...You used to wear newspapers in your shoes.

Many people, Tony the loudest, burst out in laughter at hearing that.

Sirius, a close second to Tony, has a thought. "Imagine if someone cut that off, so then it would just be 'Your mom's'! That would be hilarious!"

Everyone joins him in his laughter, that really would be hilarious. If only someone would do that...

Steve Rogers: Can't read that in a museum.

Sam Wilson: Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?

Bucky Barnes: What did I do?

Steve Rogers: Enough.

Bucky Barnes: Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words.

The joking atmosphere was now replaced with a tense one. Bucky felt so guilty for all that he's done, even if none of it was any of his fault.

Steve Rogers: Who was he?

Bucky Barnes: I don't know.

Steve Rogers: People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than "I don't know."

"Jeez Cap, think ya could be a little harsher?" Sirius mumbles.

The super soldier hears him though, and immediately sends Bucky an apologetic look, which he immediately waves off.

Bucky Barnes: He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where.

Steve Rogers: Why would he need to know that?

Bucky Barnes: Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier.

Many gasps of shock and surprise go through the hall.

[1991, at night Bucky rides alongside the car and somehow causes the car to crash. He circles back, pulls up and climbs off the motorbike. he's filmed on CCTV as he approaches the car's trunk. He janks it open, breaking the lock. Inside he opens a metal case which contains five clear drip bags filled with bright blue fluid.]