~chapter 10~

I saw Dalton through the window as he waved at me. I happily waved back, and hurried inside. It was Autumn now, so it was getting chilly. "What's up, Dalton!" I say. "Hey, Delilah." "So...what am I here for exactly?" I questioned, still slightly confused. "Well, I just wanted to buy you coffee and have a chat." he says, looking into my eyes. "Can you get any sweeter?" I say with a giggle. "Mayyyybe I can!" Dalton says, exaggerating his words. He pops up out of his seat so I can sit down in the booth. "I'll be right back." I sit down while he walks up to the ordering table. It was about five minuets he was gone, but the funny thing was, there was practically no one in the café. In the meantime, I was making a napkin into a swan. I was folding down the beak when Dalton came back with our coffee. "Sorry for taking so long", he said, I smiled back. "No worries at all. I made a swan while I was waiting...named..." Dalton finished my sentence: "Dalton Jr." "Right, that's exactly I was going to say." and we both chuckled. He handed me my coffee, and I noticed he got my favorite order. "How did you know what my favorite is"? I ask him. "I dunno! Lucky guess, I guess." As I take a sip of my iced vanilla latte, I notice large, black lettering on the back of the cup. I glance up at Dalton who quickly looks away and clears his throat. I slowly turn the cup around, to find the most wonderful sentence I'd ever seen. It said: Be my girlfriend? I just about screamed, but slapped my hand on my mouth to save me from embarrassment. "Oh my gosh, Dalton! Are you serious?" I say. "I sure am." "Yes yes yes!" I say squeezing him tight. Just that second, he pulls me to him for a small kiss on the lips. I look up to him and say, "Thank you." "For what?" he says. "For being there when no one else wanted to."