~chapter 7~

We cruise through town on his two-person bike. We didn't talk or spark any conversation while riding around. It was sort of therapeutic just his presence being beside me, no need to say any words. We slow down, he pulls his bike over to a bike rack, and get's off. He immediately walks over to help me off, just as a gentleman should. "Aaaaannnnnddd...we've arrived at our destination." he says, exaggerating his words. "Where are we?" I say, trying to keep my excitement to a reasonable level. "This is Kettle Cove Ice Cream. Best in town!" he says, wearing a big smile. "You seem to know the best in town...let me guess, you worked here too?" he shakes his head, and says "I always wanted to, but I found the job at the café, and I couldn't let the offer slip away. My father worked here when he was younger, though." "That's pretty cool! But you know what else is cool?" he makes eye contact with me, smiles, and if it's almost like we read each other's minds, we both screamed "ICE CREAM!", like we were little kids again. We're in a silly mood, and we can't contain our laughter any longer. At that very moment. I can't stop looking at Dalton. He's just...so genuine. He does everything to make me smile, he's the kindest gentleman I've ever seen, and he doesn't care what other people think. Note to self: Those are three qualities you should always look for in a guy. But, I don't need to look for those anymore. I think I already found my guy.

"So, what happened back there?" Dalton asks. My face gets red and I quietly say, "I think I had a panic attack." "That's ok, it happens to the best of us." he says, taking a lick of his ice cream. Dalton doesn't treat me like my old friends did. They would say, "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry.", and pamper me for the next two hours. I like the simplicity of Dalton's response. It's much better than people acting like someone in my family just died. "Dalton, when I'm around people I recently meat, I usually am anxious around them, and really shy. But when I'm around you, something's different." this makes him smile. "And you, malady, you- are probably the kindest person I've met." I've never been told something like that before. This moment is made from pure joy. Dalton is made from pure joy. I never thought that he would be telling me that today. Finally, someone who really values me. Someone appreciates me for who I am. Someone who understands me.