~chapter 9~

"And I'm sure you remember that, Dal!" said Sherry. "You know I couldn't forget it!" Dalton said, before turning towards my direction. "We have dessert! I hope you like brownies." I giddily clap my hands together, louder than I anticipated. Sherry starts telling me another story when Dalton comes out with a trey of the brownies. "Those look delicious!" I say, before plopping a big piece onto my plate.

I giggle my keys through the door, making sure to be quiet because it was getting late. I didn't want to wake up Mom. I flop down on my bed with a big smile smeared across my face. Dalton makes everything better, I think. I just want Mom to know he's not just some random boy that I hang around because none of the girls want to be my friend...even though that's sort of the case. ding! A text message comes through my phone. It was from Dalton.

Meet me at the café tomorrow morning. 

I quickly responded back. 

Well, it'll be Saturday tomorrow, so I guess I can squeeze some time in

I sent a winky-face alongside my text, questioning if it was too much or not. It was getting late so I decided to climb in bed. I briefly opened Instagram and saw that Dalton had liked most of my posts. When I say "most", I mean pretty much all of them, which was pretty sweet of him. I like this boy, and I hope he likes me back as much as I do.