~chapter 8~

Yesterday evening was a blast. After ice ream he took me to a little park, and we took a stroll. We had some really cute moments. A dog barked and I jumped into his arms. He laughed, and I looked up at him, smiling of course. We sat on a bench while we watched autumn leaves fall down, and the cool breeze swept through our hair. He put his arm around me, but I could tell that he was hesitant, but I didn't mind. Not at all.

Ding! I look down at my phone and see a text from Dalton. Ding! Ding!  Two more come in while I'm unlocking my phone. 

Dalton: Hey, are you up for meeting my parents?                                                                                                  Dalton: I told them about you.                                                                                                                                        Dalton: They said they really want to meet you. What do you say?

I don't even know what to say. Is he stating us as official? I can't jump to conclusions. I didn't want to leave him on read, so I quickly thought of a response. 

Me: Sure, why not! What time and when should I come over?

Dalton quickly responded and I could see the little chat bubble pop up on my screen.                        Dalton: How about tonight? At 6:30?                                                                                                                            Me: Let me ask my mom, brb.

"Mom?" I yell from my room. "What is it? Quickly now." she yells back. "Can I go meet Dalton's parents?" I say quietly. "Speak up! I can't hear you when you mumble!" she says back to me. "Can I meet Dalton's parents? Tonight?" I say loud enough for it to be audible. "You mean that one kid that you said you liked? Are you official now?" she replied. "Uh, I don't know Mom, not yet." there was a slight silence in our conversation. "So, can I?" I say, a little nervous for her answer. "I don't care, sure." she states. Her remark could have made me upset because she really doesn't  care, but I'm too excited to feel sad. I immediately pick up my phone and answer Dalton's question. 

Me: She said yes. Should I bring anything?                                                                                                                 Dalton: Just yourself! :)

I put down my phone and run to my closet to pick an appropriate outfit for the...I guess dinner? I look through every clothing piece and finally create a somewhat decent outfit. I run to the bathroom and throw on the clothes. I'm wearing flared jeans with a few rips, and a turtleneck shirt that I'll tuck in. It's getting colder outside, and I want to stay warm, but cute. For shoes, I put on black and white converse, and I'm wearing a couple rings and a Kendra Scott necklace that my mom got me for my 13th birthday. I usually only get one gift for my birthday, but now that my parents are divorced, I probably won't get any. That's okay though, because birthday's aren't necessarily about just getting gifts. I look at the clock on my desk, and I have twenty minuets to spare. I touch up my makeup and brush my hair. I walk out of my room, and grab my mom's car keys. She got a box of cookies for herself, but I snuck them behind my back and walked out the door, because I felt bad not bringing anything. Worst case scenario she finds out they're gone and asks me were they are, I'll just have to tell her I don't know. She'll probably believe me. - hopefully. 

Dalton sent me his address, and I plug it in to the GPS. I shoot him a quick text.

Me: OMW!                                                                                                                                                                                    Dalton: I'll be waiting!

I pull up to his driveway, double-checking if it's the right house. I get out of the car and walk towards the front door. Before I could even knock, the door swings open, leaving me and Dalton facing each other. "Hey." he says flirtatiously. "Hi, how are yo-" as I start to walk to get inside, but he has his arm on the door, trapping me from moving anywhere. "I'm good, and you, malady?" I look down because I know I'm blushing so much. "I'm doing pretty good. Oh! I brought a box of cookies, let me go get them." He releases his arm from the door, and I speed-walk to the car. I come back and hand him the package. "These look amazing! You shouldn't have." I look down again and notice my shoes. "I'm so sorry, should I take my shoes off?" I start untying them when he touches my hand and says, "Don't even worry about it." He smiles, and it makes me smile, too. At that moment, I hear footsteps of people walking towards us. "Ah, this must be the famous Delilah! I'm Sherry! So nice to meet you!" she says with pure excitement, then squeezes me into a bear hug. "Nice to meet you, too Sherry!" then Dalton's dad stands in front of me and reaches out a hand. "Marshall, good to see ya." I of course shake his hand and say, "Good to meet you." I was starting to sweat a little bit, the whole thing was making me sort of anxious. Dalton must have told his parents about me and my social anxiety, because he gave them this don't-make-it-weird look. Sherry right away took action and said, "Why don't we take a seat! Dinner's hot and fresh!", with an arm leading to the table. This could be a great night, or a really awkward one.