~chapter 4~

As I walk through the doors of my apartment, my back- seems like it's about to break. That backpack is heavy as crap. I harshly drop my bag down on my floor next to my bed, and struggle to take off my very uncomfy uniform. Before I left for my first day of school, Mom gave me my very own key the the "Aouse". (I decided to start calling our new home the cross between an apartment and a house. It just makes more sense.) Mom wasn't home at the time, so I decided to write a little in my "freshman" journel. 

'Today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. No one really talked to me, so that was a releif. The classes felt long, but the teachers were nice. Maybe i'm just on their good side. I want to have friends, but sometimes, I just want to sit around in my room, alone, reading my favorite books over and over again. That's pretty much it. Peace out.'

Just as I walk over to sit on my bed, the nightmare comes to mind. OH NO. My science quiz- tommorow. I'M NOT READY. I can't fail my first quiz, although I do wonder why we have our first quiz so early in the year. I open my textbook, grab a blank notebook, and jot down as many notes as I can. I open up my MacBook and play "Study with Taiki" on YouTube. It's a lofi station I always listen to while studying. I think I'm up in  my room for a couple hours, looking over and quizzing myself with the questions that are supposed to be on the quiz. I think I'm ready. I walk outside my door to try to get oxygen that isn't the same oxygen in my room. Mom is sitting on the couch, reading some kind of gossip magazine. She startled me a bit as I walked out. "Oh, uh, Mom! I didn't know you came home." "I've been here for hours sweetie, go make yourself some dinner. You can heat up some leftovers." she said back to me. I despised leftovers. They never taste the same the next day. With that in mind, I make myself a peanut-butter-and jelly sandwhich.

The next morning comes, and I get dressed, do my hair, and put on a little makeup. I can't stand girls that cake up their faces with loads of foundation and eye shadow. To be honest, it doesn't look very pleasent. I grab my heavy bookbag, make myself lunch for the day, pop some toast in my mouth, and walk outside before the schoolbus arrives. 

Finally, I walk inside of the bus as it stops at the entrance of the apartment complex. I don't like the bus, becuase there are WAY too many people for my liking, and it's claustrophobic. 

The bus stops right outside the doors of the school, and the bell rings right after all of the kids get out. As I walk in the doors, some girl walks up to me, snickers, and says "What are you wearing? No girl here wears khaki jeans! You look like a tom boy!" My face burns, and probably looks like a tomato. I can't talk the embarrassment, so I run to the nearest bathroom and start sobbing. I'm always the target of attention! Can't you pick on somebody else? It hurts too much, to have  the ability to have so many things in your head, but the lack of being able to say them. I have to get back in class in time for the quiz, so I make my way upstairs.   There is complete silence except for the scratching of lead on our papers when the quizzes are handed out. 

Everyone is done with their papers, just as class is dismissed. The rest of the day flies by until lunch. Once in a while, if you're done with your lunch early, you can go outside to get some fresh air. Today ways one of those days, so I took the advantage. I sat down on a bench in the hot sun, because the ones in the shade were all occupied. Once again, I was alone- that until I saw the CUTEST guy walk out of the cafeteria. I haven't seen this guy yet, but boy was he good looking. He had fluffy brown hair with dark green eyes. He started laughing with his friends and he had such a pretty smile. He probably has a girlfriend, or something. I thought. I didn't even notice Mr. Hollis coming out with the graded papers, and he started to hand them out. "Here we go." I whispered to myself. Mr. Hollis came over and looked like he was trying to stare me to death. He handed me my paper and I saw complete and utter horror. A C? THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT! Obviously I didn't say it out loud, but I screamed in my head. I worked so hard! A tear sheds down my face, and i bury my head into my arms on the hot table. Then, the unthinkable happens. 

"Uh, hey...you ok there?"

At first I didn't recognize the voice, but I looked up anyway. It was the guy. The super cute guy.

He stuck out his hand and said, "I'm Dalton. Nice to meet ya." with his adorable smile.