𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟐

✧○ꊞ○ꊞ○•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙○♡๑•୨୧  ୨୧•๑♡○•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙○ꊞ○ꊞ○✧

Another day with the fatui, despite having to travel from Fontaine to sheznaya you weren't tired at all. 

Once you reached the entrance to the headquarters Arlecchino greeted you with the stoic face you've known for years. 

"Y/n, I have some news for you" She said as you approached her, taking of your hood and mask in the process. 

"Yes father?" You said as you stepped forward. "Do you remember when you met my successor? The person who will replace my role of 'father' in the house?" 

"I have a faint memory of him, yes"

"Both me and Capitano have decided that we'd like to test your abilities so far, after all you are Capitano's trainee. You should have the skill correct?"

Taking in a deep breath you agreed. "I'll do my best father"

"Good, put your hood and mask back on, he will also have similar items and your identity should not be revealed whatsoever"

"I understand father"

(Time skip) 

Sitting in a room by yourself you sat down, sharpening you sword to it's optimal condition. 

You slightly giggled to yourself. Wondering what if Lyney found out of your doings. I mean, you've had your suspicions. 

You knew Freminet and Lynette were involved with the fatui, does that mean their older brother is too? 

You weren't sure but you had a guess. 

A sudden knock broke you out of your thoughts. "Y/n, it's me" the familiar voice of your own master, Capitano could be heard through the door. 

"You may come in" You said before he opened the door. "The duel is in 30 minutes, be sure not to go too far got it?"

"Got it"

"Good, I'll see you soon"

(Time skip~ Remember to drink some water~)

You stood on the other side of the battlefield as you examined your opponent. 

Bow user, pyro vision. You can see why Arlecchino chose them. 

Sure you were at a bit of a disadvantage due to your lack of a vision but you had the strength at least you thought you did. Even if you've only seen them once ever in you life, you could tell they've grown. 

"The duel between the successors will now commence, good luck to the both of you"

Capitano's voice rang across the icy cold roo  you could almost call a huge jail cell. Arlecchino and Captino as well as other fatui watched behind glass. 

Some were even placing bets on who would win. 

You gripped on your sword quite tightly, readying yourself. Then you heard the signal. Almost instantly you charged at them with full strength but due to the armor they gave you, you couldn't hurt this person as much. 

The wind got knocked out of them but they quickly regained they're composure. 

Quickly taking a deep breath you ducked down as he shot arrow after arrow, simply trying to hit you. 

Though you weren't fast enough for onw and it lightly grazed you shoulder, leaving a small cut. 

"Oh their good.." You thought before chargung at him once again. 

Charge after charge after charge. Arrow after arrow after arrow you two nearly had the same amount of skill. 

The battle lasted 2 hours before you both collapsed over exhaustion. 

"That's enough, you've both done well" Arlecchino said as she stepped into the battle field. She went up to the person you were fighting and seemed to have told them to rest up in another room. 

She then went up to you and told you to rest up before going back to Fontaine. 

You sat inside the same room you were in before. You took off your mask and hood to breath. Man that was an actual challenge. 

You knew the other fatui were way stronger so what chance did you have against the fatui when you barely had a chance against whoever that was. 

You groaned and threw your sword to the ground before patching up the wound on your shoulder. 

"This won't do.." You whispered before sitting back dow to rest. 

After some time you headed back to Fontaine, a little late but your parents weren't that concerned. All you knew is that you had to get stronger for the sake of your title as Capitano's trainee and successor.