𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟒

✧○ꊞ○ꊞ○•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙○♡๑•୨୧ ୨୧•๑♡○•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙○ꊞ○ꊞ○✧

You and your family went home after the show. A small smile on your face. You then glanced at the rose in your hands and a fond memory of the magician flashed in your mind.

Your parents looked at you suspiciously as you all entered your home. "So.. You know the magician's assistant?" Your mother asked you.

"Yeah, we became friends even before you two adopted me" You explained. "Ah I see, but what was that interaction with the magician himself?"

Your father looked at you expectantly. "Oh that? I don't know what happened there" You said with a small laugh.

"I did get to talk to him after the show though" You said as you clasped the rose in your hand.

"Alright then, it's getting late. Go get some rest honey" Your father said. You nodded your head you went up to your room.

"Night mom! Night dad!" You soon went to sleep.

(Time skip to tomorrow)

You were out wandering around Fontaine like you usually did when you decided to go get a snack for yourself.

You went to a nearby pastry shop and looked at all the pastries they had on display.

Suddenly the bell of the door chimed again, alerting you that someone had walked in the shops as well.

To your surprise, it was the magician himself. He noticed you and smiled. "Miss Y/n it's certainly nice to see you here"

"Hello Lyney" You said as you turned to face Lyney. "Buying pastries I presume?" He asked.

"Of course, I wouldn't be here for any other reason" Lyney laughed at your response and looked at the pastries on display.

He then picked out a few pastries and bought them. "Wow that's a lot of snacks" you said jokingly.

"Well I plan to give them to my siblings when I get back home" He answered as you picked out a pastry as well.

Just as you were about to pay he stopped you in your tracks and payed for it himself. "Wha-" you said a little surprised.

"Take it as a treat.. For you know, attending the show yesterday" He said with a wink.

"You really didn't have to" You said as you looked down on the ground.

"But I wanted to and already did so no going back now" He said in a teasing manner while you simply laughed. "I suppose I can't refuse now." You said, "Thank you"

"Care to take a stroll with me around Fontaine?" He offered, waiting for you to give you response.

"Sure, it'd be nice to have some company after all" You said. You both made your way out the shop and wandered around Fontaine a bit.

"You know.. You are awfully nice to someone you just met yesterday." You said with a small smile. "Ah that's just how I am. I try to be as welcoming as I can. You though.. Are quite special."

You tilted your head slightly in confusion. "Really now? How so?" You asked.

"It seems like through the endless amount of people in that crowd you really caught this magician's eye" He said with a wink.

"I've heard Lynette's stories about you.. A young girl who would give her life up for the one's she loved. And I respect that a lot" He said with a smile as he looked at you.

A small blush appeared on your face. "Wow... I've never heard someone speak of me in that way... Thanks a lot for the compliments I guess"

"There's no need to thank me ma chérie. I'm simply stating facts." He said with a wink.

•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

You both talked for hours, by the end of it all he gave you another flower this time it was a rainbow rose (iykyk).

"This is beautiful" You said as you took the flower in your hands. You then had an idea and you put the rainbow rose in your hair. "How does it look?"

He took a look at your face and smiled. "Beautiful.. The flower I mean" He stumbled up in his words. You chuckled and saw just how late it was getting.

"I better head home soon, my parents would be worried sick if I stayed out for too long" You said. "Uhm wait" Lyney called out to you as you were about to leave.

"Yes?" You turned back, looking at him. "Could we see each other tomorrow..? Maybe at 10 am at that pastry store?"

You smiled and nodded your head "Yeah sure and... Uh.. Friends?"

Lyney's eyes lit up and he answered "Friends."

You then said your goodbyes and you went home. For some reason he was on your mind. Why? You didn't know.