Chapter 61: Hero vs Protagonist

Start from the beginning

"Yikes, that hurt like a bitch." Jack got up as though nothing was wrong. "You may have fought me before I trained, but now you're not only fighting present me, but also past me."

"You're healing!" Hero pointed at his wound as it emitted steam, and it slowly healed.

"Yup, it's called 'Victim', an ability I had before the amnesia." Jack explained as the wound closed itself, and he placed his hands at his side. "Lucky for me, a friend allowed me to recover all my skills and abilities."

"Good, then I won't hold back either!" Hero then got into a familiar sword stance. "Universe Sword Style: Sun."

The blade began to glow with the fury of the sun, no, it was like his blade had become the sun itself. He held the sword out in front of him with both hands, and turned the blade horizontally so that the sword would face his right. Hero bent his knees slightly, and he took a breath in before a bright flash of light engulfed Hero as he dashed towards Jack at sonic speeds, so fast in fact that he broke the sound barrier. Hero dashed towards Jack just as a green light filled both his hands. Hero appeared behind Jack, and a powerful explosion of light engulfed the entire area behind him. No, that was just the force of Hero's attack igniting the air behind Jack. Lucky for Jack, he didn't take the attack head on alone. The thing that Hero struck was a large, bronze shield with a crimson lion depiction. Jack had summoned Sparta to help fight off against the impact of the attack.

"Summoning Sparta?" Hero asked while smiling. "I guess you've evolved a little since we last fought."

"I like to think I got better." Jack summoned a Tarot card in your hand, the Lovers, and it flowed pink before disappearing. "Let's see if this works."

Hero was confused for a moment until he suddenly threw Sparta's spear, and Hero effortlessly deflected it, only to see Jack throw the spear to open his hand out for Red Shores. He balanced the minigun on Sparta's shield, which now had its bottom planted in the ground, then Jack began firing the minigun. Hero confidently blocked all the bullets, and his arms moved so fast that they emitted a hum like a hummingbird flapping his wings. Hero was so fixated on the bullets that he somehow didn't notice Jack's t-rex sneaking up behind him until the t-rex chomped down at the boy using its powerful jaws, leaving only the lower half visible. The t-rex was about to bite down harder, but a bright yellow line suddenly appeared perfectly in the middle of the skeleton, followed by the skeleton dispersing into green energy. Hero appears to have slashed the skeleton in half, but that didn't stop Jack. Jack dropped Red Shores and stretched his arm back, and much to the crowd's amazement, it stretched like impossibly long. His arm stretched up to 5 meters before suddenly launching itself towards Hero.

"CRASH!" Jack's balled up fist began to emit blue and white flames that covered his knuckles as he delivered a devastating punch to Hero's chest, sending him flying across the arena once again. Hero landed with his feet against the arena wall, and he began running along the walls, his sword glowing gold throughout the entire dash.

"Universe Sword Style: Meteor Storm!" Hero began slashing his sword, and basketball-sized orbs of light came at Jack at immense speeds, so he summoned Incredible Thing the blanket.

While these powerful balls of light towards Jack, he draped Incredible Thing over you, with the navy blue half facing up. Upon making contact with the soft, golden side of the blanket, Jack literally sunk into the blanket as though it were a portal. Jack was absorbed by the blanket's portal, leaving behind only Incredible Thing in the middle of the arena. Upon seeing this, Hero stopped his onslaught and curiously looked at the blanket. A gust of wind filled the arena and flipped the blanket over, so now the golden side faced up. From the golden side of the blanket, numerous pole-like items shot out and landed all around the arena, including in front of Hero. These poles had green cloth attached to them, similar to flags. These poles were all Arrival, the flag artifact. In a flash of green, Jack suddenly appeared between the flag and him holding Bamboo Forest, the black katana.