Chapter 23: The Day the Lady of the Candle Dies

(Sunday, 6th of Lover's Harp Moon, 2021)
"OI, HERAKLES, OPEN UP!"

Jack was back at Sanctuary, standing with Juana, Maria, Eddy, Caroline, and Zane outside of Herakles' apartment door. It was late, so Freya decided she was headed to bed. You were knocking on the door of Herakles' apartment. It was 1 in the morning, so he was most likely asleep. Still, that didn't stop Jack in the slightest from being a stubborn mother fucker. Herakles was forced to wake up due to Jack's persistence, and opened the door in a pissed off manner.

"What the hell do you want?!" Herakles' door slammed open to reveal the headmaster was wearing a set of rabbit onesie pajamas.

"Basically Jauna here is the Lady of the Candle is gonna die tomorrow so now we need to protect her." Jack pointed at Jauna, and Herakles looked at her, and Jauna waved.

"Oh if it's the case of saving someone, I'll forgive you." Herakles put on his signature red leather jacket. "Come on, let's go visit the resident doctor to see if she has any medical problems."

"Nice pajamas." Jack complimented the rather muscular man, who looked down at them.

"Thank you, my mother got them for me when I first became headmaster of this academy." Herakles informed Jack, and instantly, Jack was curious as to what Herakles' mother would look like. Maybe like a muscular female Herakles?

"I am happy to see your mother cares deeply for you and is proud of your achievements." Jack followed behind the muscular man, with Maria, Eddy, Zane, and Caroline following the two closely.

"I can't believe you can get away with waking up the scariest man on the continent, if not the world." Maria pulled her collar, signaling that she felt somewhat nervous.

"There are exceptions to everything, Maria." Herakles' low and somewhat intimidating voice. "If Juana's cause of death is a medical issue, maybe Elizabeth can do something about it. No matter what though, I'm increasing security around Sanctuary in case. Caroline, Zane, gather all your classmates so we can set up a plan."

"Wait, Galahad gets stronger with the sun, maybe we should wait until daytime before waking him up." Zane informed Herakles, who thought for a moment.

"Good idea, I should run a quick overview over all available forces before sending them out just in case their abilities work better with certain conditions." Herakles took out his phone and began looking through it.

Jack followed Herakles until all of them came across the doctor's office, which looked like an actual doctor's office, with a waiting room and everything. Herakles walked up to the receptionist and explained that he wanted to give Jauna a checkup without explaining her current dilemma. The receptionist agreed and led all of them to an available room, which all of them were waiting in. Jauna sat in the bed, the rest of the group was standing up.

"Word of advice for you guys; don't think of anything involving relationships, or anything negative about her in general." Herakles rubbed the back of his neck. "Elizabeth is a psychic, which allows her to know exactly what's wrong with someone, but she can also read people's thoughts. She can't turn off this ability, and she has low self confidence."

"How the hell did she become a doctor?" Maria scowled in a judgemental manner, and Eddy rolled his eyes.

"Well she didn't officially graduate from a medical college, but I had her as a personal doctor for three years, and she's never let me down even once, so I trust her as a doctor." Herakles crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

"Ooohhh, as your personal doctor eh~?" Caroline was making this way more inappropriate than it has to be.

"Listen kid, not only is she 40 years my junior, but I also don't see anyone in that way." Herakles glared at the brown haired girl. "I've only done such things with one person, my wife, and ever since she died, I've never done anything of the sort with anyone ever again. Nor will I ever desire to."