Chapter 55: Beach Chapter, Because I Like the Ocean

(Sunday, 11th of Marching Legion Moon, 2021)
Jack was on the road to a beach in Dhahabu. Jack was riding shotgun in Chariot, which was in the form of a truck. Simo was the one driving the truck, while Jojo slept on Jack's lap. All of Simo's gear was behind their seats, while their bags were in the bed of the truck. Simo's attire consisted of a thin mask, a white shirt, khakis, and hiking shoes. Meanwhile, Jack wore a purple and orange Mokupunian shirt, swimshorts, and sandals. The car ride was completely silent except for the radio, which was playing 'Pure Imagination' by Anthony Newly.

"You alright, Boss?" Simo asked you out of the blue. "It was weird enough that you just wanted the two of us to travel alone while the rest of your class used a shuttle."

"I needed to think about what Kernunnosl told me to do the other day." Jack answered the sniper. "About telling my classmates about this whole freaking ordeal. Like they're way more qualified to deal with all shit than I am. So why doesn't Herakles tell them about any of this?"

"I'm not trying to insult your intelligence when I say this: but has it occurred to you that having a ticking time bomb the size of an entire continent will cause a continent wide panic?" Simo asked Jack. "His plan is pretty simple, train all these people until their final year then tell them about what's happening."

"But here's the thing; No other Guardian has a clue about this." Jack figured that much out. "If they did, then why has no one else shown up to the meetings?"

"Now that you mention it, that is weird." Simo agreed with his companion. "So what does that have to do with making your own faction?"

"These threats, from what I've seen them do with the New Messiah Cult and what they did to Kaimu." Jack recalled the effects of those events. "I know there's a barrier keeping them on Mythia, but I wonder if that will hold the disasters in."

"You're afraid they'll break out." Simo guessed, and Jack nodded. "Why do you think they'll break out?"

"They caused 12/12/12, I doubt anything can contain them." Jack sighed whilst watching the hills on the horizon from the car window. "Plus, I keep having these...dreams? I think they're dreams."

"I'm one of those people who believe dreams are nonsense, but what did you dream about to make you think that?" Simo kept on driving with his eyes glued on the road.

"It came to me in kind of fragments, there were 16 silhouettes, a tower, a giant boat, a mansion, the aurora borealis, a frozen wasteland, and a map." Jack answered the sniper.

"Like, how much of a frozen wasteland?" Simo asked. "I was raised in a frozen wasteland, so I wanna know how bad this is."

"It made Vita Bergen look like Mokupuni." Jack then remembered Simo has trouble with modern countries, so he had to use his alternatives most of the time. "I'm sorry, it made Finland look like Hawaii."

"Yikes, then my guess is that the frozen wasteland is somewhere at the pole." Simo guessed. "Or maybe not? I honestly have no clue how poles work in this universe. In mine, they're the coldest regions in the world. Plus the aurora borealis does happen around the Arctic Circle."

"So the mansion, tower, silhouettes, and boat?" Jack asked, and Simo wasn't sure. "Great, back to square one."

"Well whatever you choose to do, just know I'll be right here." Simo placed a hand on Jack's shoulder. "Mostly because I have no clue how this world works, and you're kind of the only guy I trust somewhat, so yeah. Undying loyalty."

After that talk, Simo and you arrived at a parking lot, and the two of them got out. Jack stretched his body and looked up at the sky to see a large shuttle landing not too far away. This beach of Dhahabu was reserved just for his class, so the shuttle parked itself on the long bank of the beach and opened its back most hatch. While everyone got out of the shuttle, Jack looked around the area, noticing how quiet it was. There weren't many buildings nearby, and the only nearby building was a rest stop. Aside from the beach, there was a set of dunes with a highway running through it. Jack's class was planning on camping at the beach for the night, so everyone brought camping equipment for themselves.