Chapter 48: The Ball

(Friday, 16th of Dancing Fool Moon, 2021)
The day of the dance arrived.

The dining room looked completely different from how it normally did. The room now looked like an elegant ballroom straight out of a story book. There were chandeliers dangling overhead, creating the shimmering atmosphere in the ballroom. Jack was just entering the room, wearing a simple dress suit since the outfit from Hinode probably would have made Mifu uncomfortable. His suit was pretty simple, with dress shoes, pants, coat, and a shirt. Jack decided to ditch a tie and unbutton the two top buttons. Meanwhile, Simo was wearing a full dress uniform with medals on his chest, a thin cloth to cover his nose and mouth, and a military hat. Jack and Simo walked through the ballroom to see there were actually musicians on a makeshift stage in the middle of the ballroom, filling the room with music. Jack was suddenly stopped by something pulling on his ankle. Jack looked at the ground to see Jojo wearing a bow tie rather proudly.

"Yes Jojo, you look very nice." Jack complimented the badger as your eyes landed on Zane, who was wearing a bright blue suit while nervously looking around. "Simo, Jojo, I'm gonna go say 'hi' to my friend, stay out of trouble."

"Alright, see you around." Simo gave a small salute before walking off at the same time as Jack, leaving Jojo completely unattended.

Jack weaved through the crowd of people that were watching the dance floor, trying his best to avoid being pushed onto the floor. Jack glanced at the dance floor and saw that most of the people currently dancing were Jack's upperclassmen, who Jack never have or met. There was one couple in particular who stood out to Jack, and that couple was none other than Medea and Bruce. Bruce was wearing a dress suit while Medea wore a fancy lavender colored dress paired with black gloves that reached her upper arm. Medea seemed to be guiding the much taller Bruce along the dance floor. Jack arrived at the table Zane was standing beside, and saw that TJ was with him. TJ's suit was more simple, just being a white dress shirt, black vest, dress shoes, black pants, and a belt.

"(Y/N), help me convince Zane to hurry up and ask Galahad for a dance already." TJ requested while Zane had his hands covering his face.

"I can't ask Galahad out while wearing this!" Zane gestured to his suit, which looked regular if it weren't for the fact that both his coat and dress pants were a baby blue color. "I look like a crayon!"

"Oh Zane, you always looked like a crayon." You put your arm around Zane's shoulder. "The suit actually makes you look LESS like a crayon than usual.

"Thanks, Dipfuck." Zane sweatdropped while Nico and Rico appeared, wearing just regular t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers. The only somewhat fancy thing about the two is that their shirts resembled tuxedos. "Oh great, Dumb and Dumber arrived."

"Sup guys?" Nico greeted the group while Rico began drinking some alcohol from a glass mug.

"Nico, help us convince Zane that he needs to dance with Galahad right now." You ordered the orange haired boy. "We all know head over heels for Galahad, and I don't want him to regret not dancing with him sooner?"

"But what if someone takes a picture and my parents see it?" Zane was concerned. "Like I'm still in the closet?"

"You're attending Sanctuary mother fucken Academy my dude, if they have a problem with you dating a dude, then they better shut up!" Rico drunkenly balanced himself on his brother whilst pointing his mug at Zane.

"Besides, it's not like Damini and Eve are even bothering hiding." You pointed at the dance floor, where Damini and Eve were dancing with one another.

While Medea and Bruce danced a slow yet elegant waltz, Damini and Eve were in the middle of a passionate tango. Damini was wearing a sunflower yellow dress that reminded you of a toga, while Eve actually wore a suit with a lab coat over it. A sunflower decorated Damini's hair while Eve's was done in a ponytail. Damini had her hands on Eve's hips as she held the scientist up into the air before spinning.