Chapter 1

Anna's POV
Ugh why does my alarm hate me? Why does school have to start so early in the morning? Why is getting out of bed the hardest thing to do in the morning? What's even the point of going to school when the teachers hate you and you suck at everything you try and attempt to do? These are some of the questions I ask myself every single morning when I force myself to get up and get ready for school. So. Much. Effort. Ugh. Why even bother anymore?

I look over at the clock sitting on my desk and stare at it in shock. WHAT?! I only have 10 minutes to get ready otherwise I'll be late for school. I don't know why I even care about being late. It's my last year in that hell hole anyway. Who cares if I miss a few classes or even weeks? My parents certainly don't care. They stopped paying attention to me when they knew I could feed and dress myself.

I walk into the bathroom and look at myself. Bad idea early in the morning. I have bags under my eyes and red splotchy eyes. Well, it's good that nobody pays any attention to me anyway.

I quickly chuck on something that won't make me stand out. I'm already a target for bullying so why give them any more reasons. Black skinny jeans and a long sleeved jersey to hide the scars, nothing too bright that would stand out. Perfect.

Trying to sneak downstairs without waking my parents is the hardest thing. Well other than getting out of bed in the mornings. Things are a lot worse when they're woken up in the morning. Grumpy parents are not the best thing to deal with before school

I was too busy trying to be being quiet I didn't see the wall. Seriously how long has that stupid thing been there? I wonder if I woke them.

After listening for a few seconds I realise that they're still asleep. Good! I don't think I could handle my father getting angry right now, well angrier than he usually is.

Finally, I'm out of the house and on my way to school. The first thing I do is get out my phone, plug my earphones in and hit shuffle. I hear Immortals by Fall Out Boy playing quietly through the buds. I just have to resist my habit of singing out loud, I'm not a good singer so I wouldn't want to attract any unwanted attention, which is any attention.

Since its only a short walk I arrive at my school before the song finishes but I don't bother to take out my earphones because it's not like anyone would try to talk to me anyway. I immediately walk to my first class and sit at the back of the room so no one will bother me. At least I hope so.

I almost get through the whole day without anyone talking to me. Just as I like it.

But just as I'm walking to my locker to get my homework and books for work over the weekend, I hear someone yell at me, I didn't hear what exactly was said but I know it wouldn't be that positive. "Emo" I hear someone say. "Slut" Another yells, Well that's new for me, "Just go kill yourself" A familiar voice shouts.

I try to act like I didn't hear what was said as I stumble away from the lockers. But standing behind me is the small group of girls who make my life a living hell. Danielle, Sophie and Veronica. Just the thought of their names just make me sick to my stomach

One of them grabs me and pulls me into the closest classroom which happens to be math, I always hated math. They angrily push me to the floor forcefully. There's not much I can do to protect myself, I'm weak and pathetic.

Danielle manages to pick me up by the collar of my jersey, basically strangling me with it. I try screaming for help but Veronica's hand is over my mouth before I can say anything that would actually be helpful. Sophie stands by and keeps watch, she never really does much. Maybe she doesn't agree with what they're doing, or maybe she doesn't want to get blamed for being involved. Either way she never physically hurts me. Even though the teachers don't actually help or do anything to prevent it from happening again. If they ignore it enough the students will stop complaining to them about it or it will stop happening. That's not quite how it works.

The girls are punching me but I don't feel anything. My body feels numb. They're yelling at me but I don't pay attention to what they're saying. I don't want to either, I've heard it all too many times.

Finally, after what feels forever, they walk out. Well, they must have got bored of beating the life out of me.

Eventually, after a few minutes, I try to stand up, but I fail and fall back down due to the pain in my stomach. I sit for a while trying to get the courage to get up then I realise it's been an hour since school finished. Oh no, my parents are going to kill me. They hate lateness. Usually they don't notice me going or coming home, so hopefully, they didn't today.

I get up, ignoring the pain all over my body and hobble out of the school as fast as humanly possible. I would have ran home if I wasn't in so much pain.

As I expected my parents are waiting at the door wondering where I'd been for the last hour. I don't even bother to say that I was beaten at school because why would they care? They didn't last time or any of the times before that. They basically told me to harden up and get over it. It's not that easy.

"Hello, Mother and Father," I say trying not to sound scared or hurt. "Why were you late Anna?" My father asks aggressively. "I.. Ah.. Was talking to a teacher about an assignment and I kind of lost track of the time" I lie, wanting this conversation to come to an end as quickly as possible. When they don't respond I take that as they don't mind or don't care.

I quickly run up the stairs trying to hide the pain I'm in. I don't want my parents to see that I'm hurt otherwise they will use it to their advantage. In what? Oh well, the beating doesn't only happen at school for me.

As soon as I reach my room I lock the door and burst into tears. Why me? What did I ever do to anyone? I don't even know anymore. I'm tempted to go grab my razor from where I have it hidden but I'm in too much pain to move from my current position. I'm tired so tired that I'm falling asleep at 7. The last thing that pops into my head before I fall asleep is 'why don't I just end it all?'

Save Me Because I Can't Save Myself (Patrick Stump)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें