Despite encouragement from us, Ursaring uses Hammer Arm on Monferno, burying him in a pile of rubble. Just then, Monferno suddenly does something that shocks us. Dawn asks, "What happened?"

"That's not possible... it's Raging Fury! A move that only the evolved form of Monferno, Infernape, can learn!" I gasp. "And with the ability Blaze to power it up... this is no good!"

"So he is finally awake..." Paul says.

"Monferno! Raging Fury!" I say, and the attack. Ursaring is ordered to use another Focus Blast, but Monferno smashes through it and collides with the Hibernator Pokémon, knocking it out.

"That was probably the most powerful Fire move I've ever seen." Paul says.

Even though he won the battle, Monferno's fury appears to be rising. Lillie says, "Raging Fury is like Outrage! Once it starts, it's hard to stop!"

"Monferno! Stop it!" Monferno instead powers up and charges at me, who is just barely able to get out of the way. Monferno goes for Paul who is able to narrowly avoid being hit.

"The fire!" Daniel gasps as Piplup uses Whirlpool and Shellos uses Water Gun to put off the fire.

"Monferno! Stop!" I say while hugging Monferno, "Stop! It's over! There's no reason for your rage!"

Monferno shows no sign of calming and bites me in the shoulder causing me intense pain. Dawn says, "Raging Fury... what a terrible move..."

"Monferno isn't supposed to learn that move until it evolves into Infernape... that's why it can't control it." Lillie says.

After a while, Monferno finally stops its Raging Fury and is now frightened. "Monferno, you are great, I guess you surprised us by using that power you got."

"You think you'll be able to control that?" Paul asks.

"Who knows, I sure don't know yet. I know Monferno can." I say.

"Spoken just like a fool. Once you two can figure out how to control that flame, we'll battle again." Then he leaves.

The next day, Gligar has been depressed about the loss, and he keeps faltering away by clinging onto me whenever he loses the battle, I say, "Gligar... what are you thinking? You have to stop crying and toughing it out."

Then Gligar suddenly flies away, and we find him with Gary, much to our surprise. "It's the poetry guy's grandson!"

We all fall to the floor anime-style, and Gary says, "You really like to call me that ever since we're kids, huh?"

"Gary, why are you here?" I ask.

"I was going to Lake Valor to check out the Legendary Pokemon you guys saw." Gary says. "So what's up with this Gligar?"

"This Gligar has been mine since the Johto League. We were doing some training." I say.

"Let me guess, Gligar fled the middle of the training?" Gary asks.

"How did you know that?" Lillie asks.

"Just call it a good hunch. It seems your training has been a little bit to be desired, Ashy Boy." I groan at the nickname. "So do you want my help?"

"Thanks, but no thank you." I try to get Gligar to leave, but he refuses. Dawn says, "Maybe you should have Gary's help instead?"

"Fine." I sigh after Gligar refuses to train. Then with Gary helping us out, Gligar has been faltering away once more.

Gary asks, "We got a problem all right. How much battling does Gligar have?"

"Not much." Daniel says. "Gligar just got beaten badly with a Guillotine from a Gliscor. Maybe that's why Gligar's so scared now."