CHAPTER 43

Andre's POV 

That look of hunger that has been in his eyes since we made out is still present as his car comes to a screeching halt right in front of me and Brent.

His eyes linger on me for a while before shifting to Brent who is now with the bouquet. I watch his jaws clench as he grips the wheels of the car harder.

Wanting to annoy the shit out of him, I turn to Brent with a smile.

His car is blocking the way but before I can tell Brent to let us go, Alex comes out of the car, slamming the door of the car shut.

Curiosity fills Brent's face, then he turns to me. "Do you know him?"

"Yes, she is my woman so fuck off!" Alex barks at him, almost throwing him a punch because of his balled fist.

I step forward, standing between the two men. Before I can say anything, he grabs my hand roughly sending ripples of shiver down my spine. "Get into the car."

I hate it. I hate being told what to do. It makes me want to slap him across his face.

He might be goddamn good-looking and hot but this is what I can never take. His orders.

"No!" I yank my hand free from his hold as I stand my ground.

Who the hell does he think he is? I was living my life in London before he came along. Before that bastard, Xavier came along too. If his men hadn't attacked me, I would never have had any reason to leave London and follow this fool all the way here.

Just because he rescued me doesn't mean he owes me.

He grabs my hand again and I struggle to yank it free when he drags me closer, my chest slamming against his as his hand leaves my hand to my back.

It's firm but warm and it lets a spark run down my spine, making me jump up a little.

As if knowing the kind of effect he has on me, he pecks my nose and whispers. "Be a good girl and get in the car."

I don't need a second invitation. This is what I want. This is what I need. A man who does this to me each time I act strong-headed is someone I can't help falling for.

Of all the men I have crossed paths with, Alex is that man. He knows what I want and when I want it.

I know it's just been days since we met but it felt like it's been over a hundred years. It makes me remember how I found him familiar the very first time I saw him up close.

Someone coughs behind us, reminding me about Brent and his bouquet. I turn back slowly, letting Alex's hand drop down from my back.

Brent is a good guy. He is fun to be with too.

I decided to go out with him today just to whilst away time and spite Alex who has been out all morning.

The plan worked so I am done with him.

"Sorry, Brent but I have to go", I flash him a sad smile, hoping he would understand. He only stands there with his mouth agape as Alex follows me to the passenger seat which he opens with a smug smile on his face.

I enter the car and wave at Brent who is still looking hurt and confused while Alex goes back to the driver's seat and ignites the car engine into action almost immediately.

For a minute, the ride is in silence until he breaks it.

"Who the hell is that?!" The smug smile on his face from earlier has been replaced with a deep frown, his brows creased and his jaws clench in anger.

It makes me want to laugh. He sounds just like a jealous husband.

"No one", I reply, expecting more questions as I suppress my laughter.

"How the hell did you know him when…", he trails off. He doesn't need to complete his statement for me to know what he means.

We've just been here for two days, he must be wondering how I know Brent when I am just new in town. He has no idea who I am. I get what I want whenever I want it. When I don't, I throw tantrums.

Just this morning, I have been able to do two things which I know he would surely kick against. Meeting Brent and finding a job.

I know I can't go back to London now so I found a job in a new club. That was where I met Brent and the silly sick-love boy bought me a bouquet in just a few minutes of meeting.

He is smitten obviously.

I guess he didn't mean to buy those flowers either. We were walking while talking when he saw the flower shop.

I know Alex will go ballistic when he gets to know that I got a job to be a stripper in the new club. I don't intend to tell him now. All I need to do is sneak out when it's time for work and when he gets to know, I don't need to explain myself.

It's something I love.

He does not say anything again as the car stops in front of a huge gate. With curiosity and alertness, I sit upright and ask. "Where are we?"

I do not know why I trust this man so much. I shouldn't have gotten over my insecurities about him being one of Xavier's men.

"My Grandma's." he only mentions as the gate opens automatically while he drives in.

"Your Grandma?" I furrow my browsing confusion. "Why bring me here?"

A lot is running through my head. Does he want my trust before selling me off to Xavier? Why the hell am I letting this man do what he likes when I can easily find my way back to London?

He does not answer until he parks the car in a hurry. "Sorry, but I need to see her."

He said sorry. Wow. That is a first.

Briefly, he pecks my forehead before going out of the car. I watch him enter through the front door which is thrown open from inside. My thoughts continue to wander around just like my eyes as I admire the magnificent building.

Suddenly the thought that Alex might not even be one of Xavier's men but also a bad man like Xavier who would sell me out to slavery soon jumps into my head.

If there is something else I hate aside from taking orders from people, it is being caught unaware.

Quickly, I begin to search his car for something incriminating or perhaps something I can use as a weapon in case my assumptions are right.

I don't find anything until I move to the back of the car, going through two bags at a time. Some files fall but I am less interested in them.

Just before I can give up, my hand touches a metal. 

I go still.

Slowly, I dip my hand further into the first bag to bring out the metal. A low gasp leaves my mouth as soon as I bring it out to see it is a pistol.

What the hell is he doing with a pistol? Who the hell is this man? Am I safe here? Does he know Xavier?

I feel numb with emotions as the questions run through my head. Just before I can wrap my head around the whole thing, the door bursts open again and he comes out but this time with someone in a wheelchair.

Quickly, I tuck the gun under my dress before moving back to the passenger's seat. A maid in a white and black uniform stops wheeling the woman who seems to be in her mid-seventies as she stands behind Alex who has a phone glued to his ears.

As soon as he drops the phone, he pecks the woman's cheek and begins to stride towards the car.

The woman's gaze follows him before resting on me. For no reason, I dart my eyes away probably because I don't want her to think I am a whore who came home with her grandson.

Alex gets into the car hurriedly and starts the car. "Sorry, I can't introduce you to Grandma today. Maybe next time."

I stare at him, wondering what he means by that. Instead of telling me, he flashes me a sexy smile before reversing the car back.  

I look back at the old woman and she is still staring at me with a full-blown curiosity.

****
Who is the woman on the wheelchair? Who is Alex Rossi?

Air your views and don't forget to vote❤️