㋡𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 2

Start from the beginning

"...That's incredibly mean...are you planning to post that on Facebook?" he asked but his eyes softened and though he stared at you, his gaze was far and your hand paused for a second.

your character almost broke too.

will we still be friends when you're 25?

him making a joke about me still being there when he's 25... is this a part of act or are we finished pretending?

"bokuto..." you said glancing to his hand that had fell on his leg and your hand that had been grasping it at some point. his thumb that constantly swiped over the back of your hand.

callused yet careful and gentle.

"ill post it" you reassured him quietly, you tightened your grip on his hand then you sat upright to face him though it dizzied you.

"...you will?"

"ill post it all." his eyes stayed on you as you spoke, as you made your silly promise while gripping his hand tightly in both of yours now.

"until your head is shiny bald. Okay? I promise I will-"

such silly promise that anyone else would find comical, but to both of you it was a promise. that you would be there.

a clap of thunder interrupted it and you jolted. bokuto pulled you closer to him but the distance now was inexcusable. and his eyes were different.

the spotlight seemed to dim as he asked "...what if I don't go bald?"

"wha...what do you mean?" you asked not being able to look away from his soulful honey eyes. it melted you now that you were so close to him.

"will you care enough to find something else to post about me?" he asked and after a while, you nodded.

you weren't sure if it was when you jolted near you both instinctively drew closer but you had found yourself sitting across his lap with both his arms dropped around your waist.

"I'll post about you being scared of thunder" he smiled a bit and you lowered your gaze at his observation.

"I'm not"

"You're shaking" he said quietly and then tilted his head to meet your lowered gaze. "Or are you scared of me...do I still make you uncomfortable?"

"no no. I didn't even remember that" you said honestly since he was referring to the slight argument you both had only recently recovered from.

"Im not scared either. not of thunder. not of you" you lied keeping eye contact with him now as you rested your arms around his neck.

both lies

"Even though your audition went well today, you seem to forget you're a bad liar" then chuckling a bit he added  "a terrible liar"

his constant eye contact as he called your bluff made your chest rise and fall shakily and you swallowed hard. noticing your reactions he exhaled a humorous breath.

"Isn't that a good thing?" you asked and he raised up his hand to gently rub your shoulder. " it is, but being too honest isn't either" his voice seemed to warn you that he already knew everything you were thinking.

though it was already blatantly obvious that you were enamored of him.

you already proved his words right by shuddering and taking much deeper breath when his hand raised to caress your cheek. at this he eyed you and you averted your gaze, face hot with embarrassment "either that or you're pretending you are a bad liar, mochi?"

"Why would I act...mochi?" you repeated in confusion. "are you hungry?"

"No. It's a new nickname for you. but not from the food. from mochizuki. Do you know what that means?" Bokuto chuckled at your misunderstanding.