On the way to the hospital, her vomiting began again. When she was rushed to the emergency, they hospitalized her for two days until her fever and vomiting died down.

"Don't worry I didn't inform him," Mirha Phupho told her, ending the phone call with Saim.

Mehrun hummed weakly and leaned her weight on her dad while her mom was feeding her porridge. She wasn't able to adapt to climate change and traveling, thus ending her with fever. The main reason was also the stress of seeing Shaizum after so many days or months. And she didn't want Saim to know and rush here in worry.

"Phupho? Where's everyone? Ammi? Grandma? And grandpa?" She asked her Phupho, running her eyes around everyone present in the room.

Her parents, Phupho, Nano and Aani, everyone was present except for three elderly people. She had returned home but these three hadn't visited her yet. But soon she realized the change of air in her bedroom.

She looked at everyone with inquiry eyes as everyone was avoiding contact with her.

"Phupho? Mom? Dad?" She called them softly in confusion to answer her.

"She left us," Mirha Phupho answered with sadness evident in her voice, drawing circles on the bed sheet absently.

"What do you mean by left?" Mehrun was so shocked that she asked in a loud, high pitched voice and ended up coughing.

They quickly rushed to her and made her drink water, rubbing her back until her coughs died. She looked at her Phupho again with misty eyes for an answer.

"Ammi took khula from dad, your grandfather... It happened after you and Saim left for London. After her iddat, she went back to live in her house...," Mirha Phupho replied to her slowly.

"Why...?"

Mehrun's eye widened in shock and disbelief as asked in quivering voice with tearful eyes.

She knew Ammi wasn't as happy as she appeared on the surface but knowing she was leaving alone now... No one stopped her?

"Why didn't you inform me or Saim? And why didn't you stop her from leaving?" Mehrun asked her again after struggling to find words.

"... Ammi didn't want you both to know. She made her last will too... She doesn't want to be buried anywhere near dad, your grandfather, after her death. Also ask your grandfather and grandmother to never visit her. Before and after death."

Her heart ached as she heard her Phupho's reply. How much Ammi had suffered inside silently to finally take this decision?

"Your grandfather was reluctant to accept it but with Ali's involvement... he agreed. Now both father and son are in strangnat relationship," Mirha Phupho told her honestly everything that happened previously.

"I want to see her," Mehrun told everyone firmly.

She wanted to see Ammi and know if she was alright.

"You should. But wait until your health's better," Her dad told her, patting her back.

"And try to convince her to return home."

• • •

"Arash told me you're back. It's good to see you live in front of my eyes. How are you, my child? You look so pale... are you expecting?" Ammi asked Mehrun in excitement about the last question.

Mehrun was caught off guard with the question and stared at her with wide eyes and slightly pink cheeks.

"No, Ammi," She quickly denied Ammi's question after coming out of shock.