Chapter 2

They didn't hear much from you after that. 

Barry was well so you disappeared shortly after your little conversation with Harry. Nothing about this situation is comforting. You thought for a second being in the lab would help, but it just brought up all those unpleasant memories.

To make matters worse you went on and threatened Harry.

You rub your head, disappointed. It was a stupid move. But seeing his face just made you feel too much way too quickly. At least you knew that Team Flash was safe. He looked absolutely terrified, so there's no way he would do anything to hurt them.

There's a buzzing on your table and you divert your gaze, looking at the message that just came in.

"Please, just come back. We miss you. Barry misses you."

You know Iris is trying to help, but those aren't the words you want to hear.

Not from her.

You ignore the text, even though everything in your body is dying to go back there and just be with them. It's not like you don't consider it. Every time you even try to entertain the thought, you just remember that look on Barry's face and it's a reminder that you're not wanted. Not that you blame him. Who would want a monster like you?

Someone approaching your desk is exactly what you need to distract your mind. You platser the friendliest smile on your face.

"Good morning, how can I help you?"

Your eyes connect with who you assume is a citizen of your beautiful Oregon state. Yet the gaze that meets your own is anything but curious and welcoming. Harry is standing right there and you can feel your features harden.

"We need to talk."

His tone assures you it's not a request. Your coworker senses the tension and you can see her hesitance. You shake your head at her when she reaches for the phone to possibly call security.

"I have to deal with an emergency, can you cover for me?"

She nods.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She whispers.

"I'm fine. This guy is harmless."

It's an offhand insult and you gain the reaction you want. His jaw clenches.

Grabbing your things, you pack them into your bag. You'll need to send a formal email to your boss. Once you have everything, you follow Harry outside. It's quiet. He's wearing what looks like a similar dark outfit as a few days ago when you gave a not so subtle threat. There's a cap on his head to top off the look.

Harry is walking down the street as if he owns it.

"Did you really think that attempt at a threat would scare me?"

"You looked pretty scared. "

He stops abruptly, looking left, then right. Then he glances at you.

"You wouldn't have laid a hand on me."

That's a pretty cocky statement, even for him. He continues walking, and you're a little annoyed. You aren't sure where exactly he's going or why he just suddenly showed up.

"That's big talk, but you don't know me."

"I know you don't enjoy hurting people." You scoff.

"What are you a therapist now? Did something change in the last few days? Are you suddenly worried about me Dr. Wells 2.0?"

"I can help you remove the negative speed force coursing through your veins. "

His statement catches you off guard. You stop walking altogether. He takes notice.