3- When Memories Melt

CW for physical violence and downplaying said violence!

-----

Canada looked... pale as he stared down the hallway with wide eyes. His breathing was quick and his limbs shook. Sweat dripped down his forehead while Canada made no attempt to wipe it off. What the hell happened back there?

Australia was getting worried. He stepped towards his brother to get his attention.

Canada snapped his head towards Australia, who flinched back at the sudden movement. He suddenly gagged, as if he was about to vomit, and keeled over, slapping a shaky hand over his mouth. He continued to gag as his brother quickly rushed to his side. Canada didn't like being touched, but he made an exception this time.

"Nada? Holy shit— Are you alright?" Australia stammered out as he held Canada to stop him from falling. Obviously he wasn't alright. He turned to look at the hallway he saw Canada emerge from. "What did you see down there? I'll check it out—"

"Don't you dare!" Canada rasped out as he grabbed Australia's arm with a tight grip, stopping him. "It's... please don't go there— I heard the territories speaking."

Australia stared at Canada for a few seconds, confused and skeptical. Countries used to be able to hear their provinces and territories speaking to them as disembodied voices. Used to. It's been years since any country has been able to hear them now. And nobody knows why. They just... suddenly vanished.

He didn't fully believe Canada, but decided that was a conversation they'd have later.

"Alright, alright." Australia responded as he helped Canada regain his balance. "Let's cut this investigation short. I'll inform the others."

"Sorry about—"

"Oh shut it, will you? You look terrible. No need to apologize." Australia crossed his arms as he looked at Canada. He really did look terrible. "What you do need to do is lie down."

Canada nodded and said nothing else.

Australia began to walk to look for the others, while Canada followed behind. He noticed that his brother's movements were a bit... wonky. He was walking as if he were delirious, constantly tripping and failing to walk straight.

Australia considered helping him walk, but decided against it. Canada didn't like being "babied" or whatever he would call it. He'd most likely just get annoyed at Australia. Instead, Australia opted to hold the shoulder of his brother, to lead him and to catch him easier if he falls.

Fiji was pretty easy to find, as he didn't stray far from the group. He turned towards to two as he raised an eyebrow, concerned.

"What in the world happened to him?" Fiji asked Australia, before turning to look at Canada, who was still incredibly pale. "... You look like shit."

"Thanks. I feel like shit too." Canada rolled his eyes as he frowned at Fiji.

"We're cutting the investigation short. Something happened to Canada." Australia sighed as he gestured to his brother. "I'll explain it to you later."

"Alrighty then?" Fiji hummed as he nodded. "Well, at least we can get out of this creepy ass house. Is it a house? I dunno... hm..."

-----

"He heard WHAT?!" New Zealand exclaimed loudly as he widened his eyes.

"Lower your goddamn voice for once, will you?" Canada growled out as he drank a cup of cold water to soothe his headache.

Words so Contrived || CHOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara