2 - Inveigle

Inveigle

/inˈvāɡ(ə)l/

verb

persuade (someone) to do something by means of deception or flattery.

-----

Australia and New Zealand left at 9, and where suppose to arrive by 10. Unfortunately, while on their way to the UN headquarters, Australia and New Zealand had encountered some heavy traffic. It left them stuck for an entire damn hour and a half, so they were unquestionably going to arrive late. Perhaps even an entire hour late. So, Australia had the brilliant idea to just... speed up a tiny bit. Definitely a tiny bit.

"DUDE! Slow down!" New Zealand stammered out as Australia went completely past the speed limit. He felt as if his heart was going to escape his chest from the speed they were going. "We're absolutely going to get a ticket for this!"

"Who cares?" Australia grinned, but did slow down the vehicle a bit after seeing New Zealand's anxiety.

"Your mom! bitch!"

"WE HAVE THE SAME MOM DUMBASS!"

New Zealand really hated this man.

He listened to the sound of gravel grinding beneath the car's tires, mixed with the roar of the engine. He looked at Australia, whose gaze was completely focused on the road. Australia was on a mission: get there fast. He pushed the pedal to the floor, and the car surged forward, racing the clock with each passing moment.

New Zealand spotted the UN headquarters appear in the distance, and it was clear that Australia did too, as he began to speed up once again. He quickly and suddenly turned the steering wheel to the right as he entered the parking area, but unfortunately, he hadn't been able to slow down yet.

New Zealand cursed out as the car began to drive towards a nearby wall.

"Oh what the fu"

-----

"Where in the world are those two idiots?" Canada grit his teeth as he checked his watch. It was 10:56, and Australia and New Zealand were nowhere to be seen! Did they just say that they would come here with no plan to actually follow through? He swore, if that were the case, they wouldn't hear the end of it.

He then heard a loud screeching noise, like tires against the road. His head snapped towards the sound, watching as a familiar car swerved into the entrance to the parking lot, before disappearing in the sea of parked cars. He expected to hear a crash right after, but it didn't come.

Huh. So they did decide to show up.

Crossing his arms, Canada watched as his brothers walked out of the parking lot, unscathed. Well, physically unscathed. New Zealand honestly looked absolutely terrified, his skin all pale. Australia had his usual expression on his face, unbothered by the entire thing. 

"That was to be expected." Canada thought to himself. "Australia doesn't get spooked easily."

As soon as the two of them were close enough to Canada to hear him, he spoke.

"You're late." He immediately pointed out, raising an eyebrow.* "Care to explain why?"

"Uh, traffic." New Zealand responded, receiving a short nod from Canada as he hummed.