Prologue

Evelyn's POV

I couldn't feel anything. My legs were numb. My hands were cuffed behind my back.

I had a blindfold on meaning I couldn't see anything but darkness.

I could hear someone talking. They just walked into whatever place I was in. There was three voices. Two females and one male.

"Why the hell is she still not awake yet. Wasn't the drug supposed to wear off already?" an awfully familiar voice asked. 

I already had a small hunch, I just never expected it to be true.

"She'll wake up soon. Maybe her body's just weak" the male said. I somehow did recognize his voice as well.

"Well that's something I can agree on" the one that hadn't spoken yet spoke. Yup I definitely know who these three are.

"We have better stuff to do. Come get us once she's awake" Emma said.

"Alright" he said and two sets of footsteps could be heard walking away. 

"I know you're awake, princess" he made the nickname sound disgusting. Even though Dad and Lorenzo called me princess, it felt different coming out of his filthy mouth.

"It's not like I was pretending to be asleep. I have a blindfold on you idiot" I said. I probably shouldn't had said that.

"You're at my mercy and you're still so feisty. I like it" disgusting.

I didn't say anything because to be honest how would you reply to something like that without sounding weak. Anything I say will sound weak because of the fact that he will somehow make it sound weak. I know him well enough to know that.

"No words?" he asked. I could hear him walking around the room and doing something.

I stayed quiet.

"Alright then" he injected something with a needle in my arm. Soon I was consumed by darkness once again.

Third person's POV

Evelyn was drugged to forget. They knew it was risky but they decided to take the risk.

You might be wondering why would Emma and Ella do such thing. Well they were never actually meant to do anything like this but when Evelyn stepped a foot in their school, their father had commanded them to do this to her.

If you hadn't already caught up, they're the daughters of Aldéric Descoteaux, the French Mafia leader.

"And you're sure this will work?" Emma asked, unsure. Emma was a person with a good heart. Which was not good in the Mafia lifestyle. She could never actually hurt anyone but she's forced to by her Family. 

"We're about to find out" Ella replied and injected the needle in Evelyn's arm.

"What's supposed to happen now?" Emma asked, still looking unsure.

"She's gonna black out for a couple of hours, four at most and then she'll wake up with no memories" Ella explained the drug to her sister.

°•••°

Once it hit exactly 3 hours and 45 minutes, Evelyn was starting to wake up with no memories of the past. he couldn't remember a thing.

"Hello dear, I'm the one who's been taking care of you for the past few days" an elderly woman said. It was an obvious lie but Evelyn didn't know that. The woman that's 'been taking care of her' was actually Aldéric Descoteaux's wife.