Chapter 1: Same last name

Evelyn's POV

*Two years ago, on the day she escaped*

*I was again in the cell that they kept me in. It was disgusting. There was blood from other people that have been kept in. It smelled disgusting. The cell was cold, not a single window meaning no lights.

I had been living in this goddamn cell for years now but I knew better than to do anything stupid. I've endured this only for this day. I've been planning this day with Alex and Louis for quite some time now.

When Aldéric's wife ha tricked me into thinking I lost my memory because of an accident, I believed every bit of it. 

Thanks to Louis, he helped me gain some of my memories back and he told me the truthy about everything.

They didn't know Louis told me but found out I knew the truth about them so they locked me in here. They knew they wouldn't be able to use me.

"Eve? You ready for tonight?" Alex asked from the cell next to mine. He was the heir to the Argentinean Mafia, the eldest son of  Jose and Silvia Kratos.

"I hope I am" I said, staring at the ceiling. It wasn't like I could see anything but I was looking up so I'm assuming I'm staring at the ceiling.

"Good."

He had been training me to make it seem like I was dead for a long time now. He taught me how to stop breathing for 30 minutes straight and make my heart stop for minutes.

I wouldn't say I was the best at it but I was good.

"We just have to hope Louis will do his part well" he continued speaking.

I stayed quiet, not having anything to say.

Today was the day the French Mafia would be hosting their annual 'killing' ball. In order to keep the fear in everyone, they decided to host this ball to show that they can kill without any mercy with their bare hands.

I don't know what the point of this is but whatever.

They wanted to kill me and Alex this year because we were 'special' according to them. I mean we were one of the most important people from the two Mafias.

°•••°

The ball was now about to start. Me and Alex were on our knees on the stage behind the curtain with our hands tied behind out backs. Aldéric was talking on the other side of the curtain. 

"Remember the plan. This is our only escape" Alex whispered. Now that we were on the stage, there was a lot of light. I could see his bruised face very well.

"I do" I looked at Louis, nodding at him, indicating to be ready.

Soon Aldéric had finished his speech and the curtains were moved aside, revealing me and Alex.

Gasps could be heard around the room.

I looked at the crowd, seeing glares being thrown at Aldéric but he didn't seem to care.