Chapter 8

After several hours at the gym Sam and Yugi returned home to Yugi's apartment. Yugi unlocked the door and pushed it open as both of him and Sammy walked in.

" whooo, I'm beat. What you got to eat in here? " Sam asked yugi as yugi closed the door behind them and locked it throwing his keys in the basket.

Watching as Sam went directly into his kitchen as yugi shook his head went down the hallway speaking aloud.

" I don't know.... I have some noodles in there, and some left over pasta I made. " he shouted as he went into his bedroom and into the bathroom.

Immediately he turned on the water, and allowed it to get warm, as Sam went into the fridge and debated about what to have.

He noticed yugi didn't have a lot inside his fridge however, that was the life of a bachelor. He didn't have any kids, and barely anyone over so he didn't feel the need to shop a lot.

" gosh... your fridge is depressing!! " Sam said aloud in a chuckle as he heard the shower water running in yugi's bedroom. Eventually, yugi stripped completely and got into the shower.

Meanwhile, Sam had finally decided on something to eat as he grabbed a Diet Coke as well and sat on the couch. After an hour or so, yugi came back out into the living room.

His hair damped and he was wearing some shorts along with a white t-shirt. Sam slowly shifted his gaze over towards yugi and smirked as yugi arched a brow.

" what? " he asked. "

" so we gonna talk about your eye candy again or no? " Sam said wiggling his eyebrows as yugi smacked his lips and sat beside Sam.

" give it a rest already. "

" I cannot! — I mean how's the job going thusfar? "

" ..... I mean... I haven't really done anything but the boss did tell me that... uhhh I should wear a suit... and I think he hinted that I might be poor? " yugi remarked.

Sammy arched a brow as he chuckled somewhat and shrugged. " how do you know that? He called you poor? "

" he said and I quote. if I cannot afford a suit there's a goodwill around that is cheap... " yugi said rolling his eyes as he slowly got back up and walked into his kitchen.

" damnnnn hahaha..... I mean.... Talk about success going to someone's head. " Sam stated looking back at yugi as yugi grabbed some water.

" tch. Yeah. I mean.... He had some nerve saying that to me. I don't know Sammy.... He's arrogant... cocky... rude.... disrespectful .... I mean I'm not even sure I wanna have the job anymore with a boss like that. " yugi remarked.

" look. You can't let that stop you from having a good career. You won't always have a great boss to fall under, but as long as you do your job and show you deserve to be there— he'll have to eventually respect you. " sam explained.

Yugi thought deeply about it, and understood Sam's words and took them into consideration. He sighed deeply and walked back over to the couch slowly.

" I suppose... " he would say softly, as sam slowly got up from the couch after finishing his food. " look. Just give it some time. I'm sure it'll work itself out by the end of the week. " he added as sam placed the dishes in the dishwasher and walked to the front door.

" anyways, I'm out of here. I have some errands to run and then I'm heading home. Text ya later. " Sam said as yugi waved goodbye as Sammy left the apartment.

Yugi had watched as Sammy left his apartment, as he sighed and eventually looked over at the time frame. It was now almost going on 9pm.

Realizing it was getting late, yugi decided to call it a night once more and started to head to his room. In his mind he continued to think of Mr. Sennen.

For some reason, Yami couldn't escape his mind frame and the more he pondered he became flustered somewhat.

Although once he conscious it he slowly stopped and shook his head. He couldn't believe he was even thinking about him that way at all.

Seeing him at the gym gleaming, and wearing such tightly fitted leggings with muscular toned abs. It was making him having incriminating thoughts.

Thoughts that only a mere idiot would think of considering he knew he would never have a chance. A male like that had to have only one thing they liked.

Someone who was equally as rich and equally as important. During their first encounter, it was no doubt that Mr. Sennen didn't even want to hire yugi let alone give him an opportunity.

However, luckily Grim believed in him and eventually convinced Yami to do the same a bit. Yugi slowly plopped down against his bed sheets and laid down.

Staring aimlessly at the ceiling watching the fan spin again and again. He couldn't keep his mind off of the business and what awaited him come tomorrow.

The pressure and pain was getting to him, and he had never been so scared or nervous before a job. This was the big leagues in a way, and it seemed that if he made even the simplest mistake he'd be fired.

It was hard to really determine if this was the best decision, but after speaking with Sam he felt somewhat better. He closed his eyelids briefly, allowing his mind to drift in and out.

Small flashes of Yami's charming purple orbs came inside his mind, with his soft kissable lips, and curvy like flamboyant body.

Immediately Yugi's eyes popped open unexpectedly as he sat up quickly. Mumbling to himself a bit, as he did so.

" ugh... this is ridiculous ... " he uttered.

Blaming his hopeless romantic mindset on a mere fantasy thought. Gradually he rose from the bed and headed into the bathroom to change into something more for sleeping.

Tomorrow was a new day nonetheless, and he had to accept whatever was to come. He knew it would be a day to remember and would have to make an impression.

After an hour or so, yugi was finally ready to get some sleep as he turned off his lights and television. He sighed heavily before closing his eyes completely and drifting to bed.