Chapter 11

Yuugi had found himself out from the office and out on the streets in New York. He had a 30 minute paid lunch break. which possibly has now cut down into a 20 minute lunch break.

Though, he was still relieved that Mr. Sennen didn't fire him on the spot. This was becoming so stressful that Yuugi almost felt like he could collapse at any moment.

If talking to Mr. Sennen wasn't already giving him anxiety enough, he felt like now he had to be extra cautious with making sure he didn't be late in the future.

He wanted to show Yaami that he was a serious person, and could be mature as well as reliable. This yacht party seemed highly fancy and professional.

It was already an astonishing proposal that Yami even offered to allow Yuugi to attend due to his previous behavior. Nevertheless, Yuugi was grateful and walked towards one of his usual spots for lunch.

Walking inside as the bell rang, notifying them that they had a customer at the front. Yuugi didn't even have to look at their menu as he already knew what he wanted.

" ah! Yuugi! Hey! We haven't seen you here in a minute. Everything alright? "

" haha— hey James. Uh— yeah! Everything is fine! " Yuugi said with a chuckle nerve.

" I've just been busy. I started a new job recently. You know the one I've been dying to get accepted into for years, when I was even in college? "

" oh! You mean MCC Sennen Inc?! " James said happily as he grabbed a small piece of paper and wrote down Yugi's usual order.

" yeah! Yeah! I got in. I started today actually had my orientation Saturday. " Yuugi remarked.

" ah! That is wonderful! I'm so so happy for you truly You deserve it. " James told him, as Yugi smiled and nodded.

" so the usual right? Two chicken wraps, with a side of ranch. with black olives, and green peppers right? "

" yep! " Yugi said cheerfully.

" great! Coming right up. "

After several minutes Yugi continued to sit and wait for his food, as James came back out and ring the bell for him.

" Here ya go! All set. Condiments in the bag! " James stated.

" thanks James. " Yuugi replied before turning heel and hearing the sound of the door bell ring as someone familiar walked inside.

Yugi immediately turned red in embarrassment, and felt his heart skip more than two beats. His face became like a shattered glass almost instantly as he never thought he'd run into him again.

" ........ Austin? ..... " Yugi said surprisingly, and clearly in pure shock and disbelief. Austin whom was much taller than Yugi, and heavier in size with a muscular toned figure.

He now had a beard, nicely trimmed, along with longer blonde hair that he could brush back with his fingers. It would seem that he grew in height as well, as from what Yugi could remember.

" ... Yug. " Austin said in a deep voice which through Yugi for a loop as well, as it became deeper.

The tension and awkwardness between each other was so thick it was practically visible in the food place with them.

" .... Been awhile ... huh? " Austin said with a smirk as he saw Yugi's reaction which he found to be amusing.

Yugi quickly tried to blink and recollect himself as he cleared his throat and replied back. " y—yeah.. I mean... what.... What? Are you doing.. in New York? " Yugi asked.