ZERO

ZERO

Happily Married

Happily Married

Narcissa Black had married Lucius Malfoy without much second thought. He was a pureblood, devoted to their common way of life and just as wealthy as her own family. The ceremony had been traditional in the sense that the familiar ideals had been represented, the venue had been dazzled in the common green and silver colours, and the stone faces of relatives and family friends watched on silently, stoically pleased at the match.

The cracking sound of apparition disrupted the scene while dinner was being served. The new arrival was bold enough to not only show up announced, but also swagger in as though the ballroom belonged to him. A grin was plastered across his face, the brown fur uniform clashed considerably with the proud walk he put on show and the fashion of their guests.

Lucius had stiffened, and finally Narcissa found a strange comparison amongst their new guest and her newly established husband. It surely couldn't be. And yet, the same platinum-blond hair, though shorter, was seen on their latest guest.

"Brother." It was said so casually, the gate crasher opened his arms as though he would receive a hug. Narcissa had only heard the whisper of the youngest Malfoy son. That he had been sent off to Durmstrang as the infamous late Abraxas Malfoy had seen a potential in his youngest that wasn't present in Lucius. But that was only hearsay.

Her first impression of him was clouded in the boyish charm that emanated off of him. The unquestionable confidence almost hid the suspicious mischief in his eyes. The youngest Malfoy, thought seemingly outgoing, looked as if he knew a secret nobody else did. A type of knowledge that could only be discovered by experience.

"Helios." Lucius stood now. Maybe it was surprise, but it was so similar to fear in his body language. Narcissa had never felt so uncomfortable. "You're not supposed to be here," Lucius stated, bewilderment clear in his voice.

Helios raised a brow in confusion. He was right in front of their table now, Narcissa was unsure when this had happened. "I've graduated, brother. Why would I miss your big day?" Lucius was less than pleased. Narcissa felt like the loathing was one-sided. Whatever had happened between them before Helios was shipped off had affected her husband more than his younger brother. Was it loathing or immature bitterness?

She saw Helios unimpressed at his brother's reaction, the playfulness completely wiped from his features. His eyes narrowed severely and a ripple of magic ran its way down her spine. Lucius visibly flinched, knees shaking until he finally returned to his seat like he had been lightly pushed. "I'll take my spot at the table. I am family after all."

_______________
Notes (very briefly):
- this first takes place—roughly— 1 year out of hogwarts for Narcissa
- this is told mostly by her perspective, so perceptions and ideas will be warped and bias
- none of these characters are consistent. I've taken on board an idea and applied it to their pureblood society seen in glimpses from the books and films. And they're still young!!
- characters, ideas, even objects or topics will likely have been inspired by something, see if you can recognise them :)
- enjoy 🫶