One Card, One Question

Start from the beginning

Giving the first question, Luna spoke. "Why did my grandmother choose you?"

Scratching his head a bit, "I don't really think that question is for me to answer, asking your grandmother would be better." Kazuma answered slowly, giving a guilty smile. "And to be honest, I don't know either but I do know that your grandmother wanted my grand uncle to be your doctor, but he had to turn it down due to his old age. And so he recommended me." He finished explaining.

Without giving commentary, Luna drew the next card; queen of hearts, placing it next to the other queen she threw out the four of spades. 'The Diamond king cut the lucky four clover for himself' she mentally sang to herself.

"Did you like my earlier card trick?" Kazuma asked with a closed eyed smile.

Luna stared at him a bit dumbfounded, "I think more practice wouldn't hurt." She finally said.

"Ah," he said, sounding a bit down, "Understood, I'll keep practicing." He added with more enthusiasm. Drawing the next card, the ace of diamonds, he thought h a second longer before putting down his two of hearts and then making a second grouping of ace, two, and three of diamonds.

"What's your ideal type?" Luna asked boredly.
At this Kazuma blinked owlishly before saying in a neutral tone, "Luna-San, the age gap is too large and I'm a professional through and through so please don't let your young maiden heart be-" not letting him finish Luna threw a tangerine at his head.

"For someone who became a doctor, you're awfully dumb." She tiredly said.

Laughing quietly, Kazuma answered her question, "I guess someone who is kind, although those aren't really things I think about often since I've always been focused on school."

Luna stared at him quietly, and went to pick a card, "I'm sure you'll find that someone, who'll only be kind to you." She replied. 'Four of spades, not needed' she thought, throwing the card out.

"Eh, How can you be so sure?" Kazuma asked curiously.

"You look like the type that'll cry easily if their lover were to be mean to them" Luna answered quickly.
Kazuma could feel an arrow shoot through his body at her reply. "Ah, well, then what's your ideal type Luna?" He shot back the question.

Luna gave him a look, "I already answered a question."
Retracting their conversation, Kazuma felt a second arrow shoot through him, 'She's right! I used my question in such a selfish question' he internally cried. Extending his shaking hand to pick a card, seven of hearts, he threw it out.

Looking at the card that was thrown out, Luna gave it a thought before taking it and sacrificing her seven of spades. She put down her first grouping, six, seven and eight of hearts. 'There's still more than half the deck left, there's a 60% percent chance his last two cards are pairs and although there's a higher chance it could be numerical, it'd be a larger risk. Two numerical groupings and one matching type would be the easiest way for him to win and I would not only lose the game but I wouldn't be able to figure out which card is missing.'

Tapping her finger against the table, she asked her question, "Why did you become a psychiatrist?"

"The human mind is interesting and although becoming a psychologist could've been done too I wanted a bigger challenge." He answered easily.

Picking a card from the deck, Luna threw it out, ace of hearts. 'The Diamond king cut the lucky four clover for himself. He wanted to give it to his second lover, but she was stabbed by four spades. He took revenge and killed them with seven spades. In his grief, he reunited with his first love.' She sang again mentally.

"Your ideal type?" Kazuma asked again.

"I don't have one." She replied.

Kazuma frowned, "Stingy, that's not a satisfying answer Luna." But even so he drew his card, king of cloves. He threw it out.