Chapter 16

♡Karl pov♡

Sapnap and I stayed embraced in each other's arms until the cops got there.

"We need to talk to the victim." An officer stated.

They had taken Punz out of the house and into a cop car.

"Come on, Karl." Sapnap said.

He stood up and helped me up. My legs were shaking a bit. I grabbed onto Sapnaps arm for a sense of support.

"We can just step outside, and your friend is welcome to come with." The cop stated.

I nodded, and Sapnap and I followed the cop outside. I shut the front door behind us and leaned against Sapnap. He carefully wrapped his arm around my waist. I moved closer to him.

"What's your relationship with the man who attacked you?" The cop asked.

"Um, ex-boyfriend." I mumbled.

I noticed the glare he shot me, but I ignored it.

"And he's gotten violent before?" The cop asked.

I nodded.

"He's been abusive for two years until our roommates found out and kicked him out." I told him.

"How recent was he kicked out?" He asked.

"A couple of days ago." I stated.

The cop nodded.

"And what's your relationship with this man?" He asked.

I glanced over at Sapnap.

"Friend." I replied.

The cop wrote something down in his notebook.

"Alright. We'll get back to you soon." He stated.

He walked away, and Sapnap led me back into the house.

"Why did he glare at me?" I asked as Sapnap shut the door.

Sap shrugged.

"Don't worry about it too much. He's probably just tired." He told me.

I nodded. Suddenly, Sapnap pulled me into a hug. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I'm so proud of you, Karl." He mumbled.

"For what?" I asked.

"You're just so strong for hanging on and having to deal with all of this. You're amazing." He told me.

I held on tighter as I felt my eyes water.

He's proud of me.

"Punz never told me he was proud of me." I mumbled.

I felt his hand gently brush through my hair.

"He didn't deserve you, Karl. You're better than that." He stated.

He has to be lying. I'm not better than Punz. I'll never be.

Still, there was somewhere deep down that felt Sapnap could be telling the truth.

"Thank god you're okay."

I looked over to see George. Sapnap let go of me, and I hugged George. He held me tight against him, and the tears finally began to fall. I buried my head in his shoulder. His hand carefully began to run up and down my back.

♡Sapnap pov♡

Karl had finished hugging George and was now clinging to my right arm. George was helping Dream clean up since him and Punz got in a pretty brutal fist fight. Dream clearly won if you compared the boys' faces. Dream had a bruise forming on his cheek, and his lip was split a bit. Punz, on the other hand, was absolutely drenched in his own blood when the cops pulled him out of the house.