"I am keeping you safe, princess. And in order to keep you safe I have to keep you compliant. If that means gagging you and tying you up, fuck, I'll do it. My job is to keep you from dying, not to make you comfortable, sweetie."

He looks at me with a half grin, revealing a dimple at the corner of his mouth.

Why's this dumbass have to be hot.

Couldn't my dad have sent someone a bit less attractive?

"First off, no pet names. You will call me by my name, Caterina. Or if you prefer, Ms. Di'Raimondo." This jerk will respect me. Technically this meat-head works for me. Not just my father.

"First off, I'm in charge. Your daddy isn't here, and his only concern is keeping you hidden and safe. I'm not here to be your friend, not here to make you comfortable, and I'm not here to bow down to some bratty mafia princess, either."

Bratty? Princess? This fucker is acting like I'm twelve.

"Listen here you fucking meathead, you don't just work for my dad, you work for me too, and the least you could do is stop being such a petty asshole. I've done nothing to make you treat me like this. I'm a grown woman, and will be treated with respect."

"I'd hardly call nineteen grown." He grins, making fun of me.

"I'm almost twenty. And I'm mature for my age, old man."

He looks me over once, twice, then meets my eyes again. "If you say so. Also, I'm only twenty-eight, princess."

My blood boils at his outright disrespectful attitude towards me.

"You'd think someone your age would know how to treat a woman then." I huff out.

His humorless laugh fills the small space. "Never had any complaints before." He grins.

I roll my eyes, refusing to humor him by continuing this conversation. "I want to speak to my father."

All emotion vanishes from Dolion's face as he answers. "Sorry, sweetie, there will be no contact with the outside world for you until things settle down. I'm your only company till things calm down."

I feel sick to my stomach as he utters those awful words. He's my only company till things calm down?

"Well when will that be?"

"Ah, that's the thing about it, no one knows when it'll be over, till it's over babydoll."

"I swear to God if you call me one more little pet name I'll bust your nose."

I hate it when strange men call me pet names. Sexist, drooling, pigs.

"I'd actually greatly enjoy watching you try to even lay a hand on me."

I look him up and down. "Eh, I think you'd like that a little too much, having my hands on you, seeing as how you're so eager to give me little pet names."

He stands up from his chair and walks back over towards me, I remain still and unflinching, even though once he gets close and leans down face to face I have the undeniable urge to flinch back away from him as his minty breath fans my face.

"You couldn't handle me, princess. Much too young and innocent for my liking, anyways."

"Innocent? I may be younger than you, but that doesn't make me innocent."

"Oh, but Caterina, it's written all over you."

"You barely know me. You're just some idiot who got stuck with me while things go to shit."

"I was chosen for this shit because I'm the fucking best there is, princess."

"You'll regret using those petnames on me." I spit out at him.