Hope

"I don't know what to do. I feel so alone, even with my brothers around. We need you here, I need you here. You're my remedy to this. Please wake up Mr. Davenport, don't die on me!" Bree saw how the monitor slowed down to a single line. The noise was unbearable. Her heart shattered into a million pieces.

She screamed as she held his hand in the last moments of life. Bree cried and yelled for the doctor to come. A few nurses tried to take her out, but couldn't.

"Mr. Davenport don't leave me!" Adam and Douglas ran into the room. They each took her by the arms to get her out of the room. With all her strength, Bree couldn't escape their grasps. They managed to get her out, away from her father.

Hours Earlier

Chase walked into the room. He was the second one to visit Donald, the first being Tasha. Chase saw Donald laying on the bed with many wires going from the machines, attaching to his body.

There was a chair beside the bed. Chase walked up to it, he sat down looking at his father figure. "How could I let this happen. Adam was right, it was my fault. Everything is not the same anymore. The house went from colors in a painting, to a black and white movie. Ever since the battle a couple weeks back, everything is uneasy..."

He took a brief pause. There were some things that couldn't be said. It was too much pain to take out. His mind wandered off to the good times, but was soon replaced with the image of Donald getting hurt.

Chase abruptly stood up with his hands holding onto his head. He looked up, "if there was only a way to change this."

Everyone blamed themselves. There was no reason since it was their faults. The family felt they could've done something.

Bree paced around the waiting room. When Tasha looked at Bree, she wanted to make her sit. Though, she couldn't do anything because she feels the exact same emotion.

"He needs to okay." Bree mumbled. She tried to stay calm, she didn't want to be around glitching everywhere. "It's been so long since he I've seen him in a healthy state. I-I need to do something. There has to-I"

"Bree!" Tasha saw how bad Bree shook. She saw how Bree fell onto the floor. "I need a doctor to help me!"

A nursed rushed to Tasha's side to help Bree. Bree may be bionic, but she's human too.

-O-

While Bree was in a care of another doctor, Leo went to visit Donald. The boys were in the cafeteria at the time Bree collapsed. Adam decided to stay with her and keep company.

It hurt when Leo saw how Donald was there. Right now the roles are reversed. Normally he'd go to his step dad and ask for help. He'd ask for advice and tips, but now... there's more to it.

Donald is asking for life. He's in coma, from what Leo heard. "I heard people in coma can still hear." Leo laughed a little. "Everything is turned upside down. You need to wake up, I'm probably not the first to say this. Don't give up now. I know you can still hear me. All I ask for you is to fight it. Remember when you came to me, when no one bothered to ask you. All I'm saying is that I'm about return the favor."

A ball of light started to grow on Leo's hand. Once it reached a decent size, Leo walked up to Donald. He set his arm high above and pressed it firmly on Donald's chest. The light glowed very bright. The light could be seen from outside, since it passed through the window.

To Leo's dismay, when the light died down, so did his hope. There is absolutely nothing in the world that can wake up his stepfather. The only thing they have left is time.